SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

one AcoustID linked to two MB recordings

I was tagging an album (The Beatles, Anthology 3). When done, I found that six or seven of the tracks had the metadata of a different track from the same album. When I viewed online->this acoustid, it was apparent that these acoustids each linked to two different recordings on the album. One of the links had 80 or so sources and the other had 1 source. I went onto Musicbrainz and I unlinked the obviously incorrect link. I retagged those files, and that fixed the problem.

I realize that Jaikoz can only be as accurate as the information provided by Musicbrainz/AcoustID. However, it seemed Jaikoz used the incorrect links to match the files, and ignored the other clues such as filename. I only discovered the problem because I listened to a track and realized the audio didn’t match the metadata.

Obviously I havent got the full details to know exactly why this happened but in general Jaikoz does consider existing metadata in order to pick the right link when an acoustid matches multiple recordings, did your file have any existing metadata ?

Jaikoz does make use of foldernames to identify artist/release but Jaikoz will not consider filenames because it is very difficult to accurately parse this information because people name their files in so many different ways. But if you do have useful information in the filename you can extract it into your metadata using Action:File and Folder Correct:Correct Metadata from Filename before you run autocorrect but before you run this you should set the mask so that it matches your filenaming in Preferences:File and Folder COrrect:Correct Metadata from Filename