SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Older Version Download?

Where can I find a download of 9.3? I purchased a pro license but it seems now that Jaikoz has now changed from a one time fee for this license to a yearly or periodic license. I would like to revert back to a version that my paid license will still be good for.

Hi, to be clear its not a yearly subscription license. If you make purchase today that would give you all new versions for another year, at end of the year whatever version you had would continue to work indefinitely, you are not tied into paying every year. If in the future a new version of Jaikoz comes along and you think the new features make it worthwhile paying for another year (or two or three years) of version updates then you would get another years from the date your purchase. Cost is �10 for one year, about $10, 10EUR at todays exchange rates. We make it yearly instead of based on major versions since the distinction between major/minor is rather arbitary, basing on a time period is clear.

Before updating from 9.3.0 it should have clearly explained if your version expiry period had expired, if you wish to revert back to 9.3.0 instructions below.

Instructions for Windows

Change the download url from manualdownload to manualdownload930, e.g http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/manualdownload930/jaikoz-windows64.exe?val=164

Then remove existing version of Jaikoz because on Windows the installer wont overwrite newer files with older files, on Windows the easiest thing to do is simply delete the C:/Program Files/Jthink/Jaikoz folder. This will not delete your your license or settings as these are stored in C:\Users\username\Jaikoz.

However after reinstalling earlier version it will not be able to understand the later settings so will replace with defaults on start up. The way round this is to retrieve your C:\Users\username\Jaikoz\settings.jai file from backup and replace after install to get your original settings back.

(one of the improvements we will be making is storing settings in a plain text file)

Instructions for MacOS and Linux broadly the same.

I decided to go in on another 3 years of support. However I have run into two issues.

1. Still waiting for an updated license from JThink

2. It seems my settings were wiped out when it reverted to the free version. I do have my settings saved from a couple years back but I have forgotten how to import those settings on macOS.

[quote=LTPairs]I decided to go in on another 3 years of support. However I have run into two issues.

1. Still waiting for an updated license from JThink
    [/quote]
    Thankyou, the version expiry is controlled on the server you dont need to install an updated license, just simply restart Jaikoz for it to take effect. However in your case your purchase for version updates used a different email than your original Jaikoz purchase so it could not be automatically applied, but I have now matched them up and allocated the payment.

[quote]
2) It seems my settings were wiped out when it reverted to the free version. I do have my settings saved from a couple years back but I have forgotten how to import those settings on macOS.[/quote]
So it was explained above, when you went back to Jaikoz 930 with a Jaikoz 940 settings file then Jaikoz 930 didnt understand it and so had to go back to defaults.

I don’t know what operating system you are using but assuming Windows the settings are stored in settings.jai (C:\Users\username\Jaikoz\settings.jai) on Windows. So if you have an earlier version backed up I would suggest you do the following.

• Delete C:/Program Files/Jthink/Jaikoz
  • Install Jaikoz 930
  • Recover settings.jai and replace C:\Users\username\Jaikoz\settings.jai with this one.
  • Update to Jaikoz 941

Any guidance on what to do next since it seems the application (9.4) is not recognizing the updated license.

If you see View Only mode means that your license is recognised and installed properly and if Update License is greyed out it means you have a Pro license and therefore there is no need to update the license. But your version updates period has expired and this needs to be updated to remove view only mode. This is updated on the server which checks validity of license so after purchase you just have to restart Jaikoz for it to take effect.

The only time this does not work is when your version update purchase was made using a different email address to the original license purchase. In this case we need to manually reallocate the purchase by finding a match on name, if you know your email address is different it is best to send an email at purchase time informing us of this.

Windows - http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/manualdownload930/jaikoz-windows64.exe?val=164
MacOS - http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/manualdownload930/jaikoz-osx.dmg?val=164
Linux - http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/manualdownload/jaikoz-linux.tgz?val=164

These links don’t work anymore, where can I get a copy of the Linux and WIndows64bit versions under the original licensing scheme?

Those very old versions are no longer available, I do not support these old versions anymore. You can purchase 1 year of updates from http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/buy/start.jsp and that will give you latest version, one thing that seems to confuse customers is that version does not expire you can use that version for as long as you like you don’t have to purchase another year of updates to continue using that version.