SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Not sure if doing something wrong? am new to SongKong

Hi there,

I have just purchased this product and it seems to be good as seems to have updated my current music library for the whole correctly. There was just a few questions i wanted to ask.

1. Not sure if had a setting wrong when getting it to tag my music library but it seems to have given most songs in an album and individual release date, instead of applying a album release date which is the same across the album. (probs a setting i have missed but not sure where if i have)

&

1. I have a few new albums that have just come out over the last week or so an have been trying to get Songkong to tag these correctly, but does not seem to want to change anything even though there is matches on Musicbrainz for the said album(s)??. Can someone again advise if have missed some sort of setting or is it with them been release so recently that Songkong is not picking them up for some reason. This last one is driving me nuts to figure out as to why is not picking up the information from Musicbrainz.

Thanks for your time in reading this.

Hi answers as follows:

1. You have Format:Use Original Year as Release Year set. This means for each song we use the earliest telease they can be found on as Original Release Year and Year. Disable this option to use Release Year as year. We are looking at adding a few more options/changes in this area.

2. SongKong uses a combined Musicbrainz/Discogs database called Albunack. This is optimized for SongKong music tagging and means we can tag faster and more accurately. But the downside is it is only updated once a month, meaning it does have the very latest additions

Hi Paul,

Cheers for the quick response. I thought for number 1 must have missed a setting when going through, just something on that back of what you said about disabling that option. If I did a full scan again would it just update the setting I have changed or would it full scan, i was hoping not the latter as that took a good 17-18 hours to scan first time round as have far too much music.

With number 2 i thought it might be something to do with updates to the software or a setting missed at least i know now why that is need to be more patient!! :laughing:

again thanks for quick response.

It will only try to rematch for songs failed to match first time round, please see How to use SongKong for matching songs questions for my answer to a similar question.

Cheers Paul,

Have read through that and scanned my music like a charm and got the dates set how i want them now.

Thanks

1 Like