SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Not remembering "Is compilation" field

I’m using the latest version of Jaikoz in OS X Leopard. My problem is that when I check the “is compilation” box, and then save changes, Jaikoz seems not so save the box as checked. So when I reload the files, the “is compilation” box is unchecked again.

The other fields (Artist, title, etc.) are saving without any problems.

Any ideas…?

Thanks

Hi, there seems to be bug introduced here - I’ll look into it as soon as I can.

Paul -

Is this bug supposed to be fixed? It still seems to be present on the Mac 2.8 build.

-jim

Hi

I thought updating the Quaqua (Aqua UI) Library had fixed the issue, it didnt seem to happen for me after that. If it is still happening for you could you create a video or something showing exactly what you are doing, and send your logs as well so i can check version numbers ecetrea.

Happening here as well…

I also notice that when you change the value (tick/untick) in the “Is Compilation” column, it doesnt change the value in the preview pane, showing changes that will be made.

You mean the Info pane at the bottom ?
How are you making the change, mouse or keyboard ?

No, not the info pane at the bottom.
Ive added the ‘is compilation’ column to the view panes, and ticked each of the tick boxes in that column with mouse. I have also tried ticking one and copy/paste into each using keyboard.

What I am trying to do is remove the compilation from the tag.

Ive got some screen shots. Ill upload them…

Getting an error when I try to attch files, so I will put them on my website and post URL

From your screenshots you seem to be saying something very different. Namely that iTunes has the file marked as a compilation, but Jaikoz does not. I think that possibly iTunes has marked the file as a compilation within its database rather than the file itself, and using that in preference to the value stored in the file.

If you select ‘GetInfo’ on teh file within iTunes does that remove the flag
If you remove the file from iTunes and then readd it does that remove the flag ?

I’ll look into this further but it is more an Itunes question than a Jaikoz question so might be worth you posting a question on an iTunes based forum.

Sorry, a bit confusing!

This is whats happening…

Itunes is reporting these files (and ~300 others!) as “Part of a compilation” (see second shot above)
When I load them into Jaikoz, it shows then as not being part of a compilation (see first shot)
If I change the “Is compilation” in Jaikoz to true, its not reflected (highlighted) in the view pane like it would if I changed the Title or Artist etc
If I change the “Is Compilation” to true, and then it save it, it updates the view pane only after I save it.
If I then close those files and reload them, it shows the “Is Compilation” of the files I just changed as False, not True as I just set them.
Itunes still shows them as True (expected, I just set that)
If I then go back to Jaikoz and set them all to True again, save, set to False and save again, I tunes still shows them as True.
If I delete the file from the Itunes library and re add it, only then does Itunes show false!

But this is going to be a pain to do manually!!! Probably easier to delete all files and rebuild it totally.

It could well be that Itunes is marking and preferencing that field in the file in its own database, makes sense from my experiments above.
Choosing the “get info” does not remove the flag, the only way is to remove it from the library and re add it.

Maybe Jaikoz is not reading the “Is compilation” flag from the file, and as its not changed by Jaikoz (it already thinks and shows its false) when saved. This is why I have to then set to true and then set back to false to change it. Perhaps…

Hi, thanks for the clarification there are a couple of bugs here whicjh are now fixed ready for the next release.