SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

No Lyrics for a long time

For the past year now (ha i just never noticed) it looks like Jaikoz has not been retreiving lyrics… Any ideas?

CORRECT LYRICS is in my manipulators for auto correct.

Yes, this functionality is not currently available.

what are the future plans for this?

When we have a definite solution I’ll let u know.

We all know “a definite” solution for this is impossible with your terms.

Why not let the end users specify the URL to query for lyrics? As I’ve mentioned, I can set up a service delivering lyrics, taking the heat off your shoulders.

All you have to do is making the address editable for users.

The biggest problem with that is most sites don’t just link to a text page for one to copy the lyrics on to. They typically use an API to access the lyrics and every API is different. Jaikoz would have to be able to know how to access the api and parse the data.

I think a really useful fix would be to go back to the idea Paul has hinted around to a few times in the past, that being opening up jaikoz so that it can use plugins. That way people can create their own plugins for any function that they need. Even allowing them to create their own lyrics plugins for multiple different lyric sites.

MediaMonkey does this and it works really well. The plugins are hosted by the programmers typically or on free hosting sites and are not part of the core software. This takes responsibility off of the software and allows others to write code for more niche functionality.

I did have a 100% legal idea https://developer.musixmatch.com/ but havent managed to sort out a cost effective license for this.

This may still happen, but certainly the plugins idea would be very useful

Paul,

Any luck on the lyrics ground?

When I have something sorted I’ll let you know please stop asking this.