SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

New Old User to SongKong and Need Help with Saving!

I dont understand your question, Status Report is another task you can run that will produce a detailed report showing the metadata in your files and your file structure. It would be useful to have this before you run Fix Songs task, and it doesnt take that long to run.

What it does, how it does it, and when was what I didn’t know. Thanks for the clarification. It’s on the way to you if it hasn’t already arrived.

Hi, I received some new support files but it doesn’t look like you ran Status Report or anything else since the previous support files you sent me ?

Your last statement to me was to run status report ** before ** running Fix Songs again. That’s what I did. It’s going to take a bit before I do that again to retrieve the support files.

So if I understand you correctly you are going to:

• Run Status Report
  • Run Fix Songs
  • Create Support Files

Okay that is fine I just dont understand why you sent me your support files beforehand

and there was nothing new from the previous time.

1. You asked me to send Status Report beforehand.
  2. Status Report automatically sends to you whenever it runs.
  3. I had no idea why you asked me to run Status Report before I ran Fix Songs.

Once I run Fix Songs again soon but I am going to cover my butt and save a few artists first. I believe I can run it through Jaikoz again but properly this time (!)

I think you are getting confused between running a Status Report which is a task you can run, and running Create Support Files which sends me your logs and report from latest tasks (inc Status Report, Fix Songs, Delete Duplicates etc)

Possibly. Probably. Did you request that I run Create Support Files? Would you take a look at those? How do I send them to you?

The key thing was to run Status Report before Fix Songs, if you have done that but have not started Fix Songs yet then yes it would be useful if you run Create Support Files as you did before so I can see a copy of the report. If you have already started Fix Songs then just run Create Support Files when Fix Songs has finished and that will send me both reports.

I attempted to run the Status Report from a Mac and a PC and both unfortunately stopped before they were finished because of lack of memory. I believe that the last report may have arrived to you. Any other ideas? I’ll probably run it in the next few days.

Ah, okay one of the changes I made to StatusReport in SongKong 6.9.3 can cause it to use more memory, I will have to modify this for next release.

In the meantime SongKong only uses a max of 3GB of memory on Windows by default, you can increase this amount to avoid the error, please see Increasing max memory available to SongKong on Windows

I increased it to 14,000, and miraculously, it worked. You should have the results somewhere. Please let me know your thoughts. I am a bit anxious to get this over with and deal with it however I can (I anticipate some confusing things happening so I have set aside a few albums that I know will be difficult to acquire again from a few friends and local artists.

I haven’t received anything, have you ran Create Support Files since the status report completed ?

Oh, nuts. I was suppose to do that as well to release the data to you? I had thought that was automatic. Apologies. Doing that now. You should have something shortly, depending upon how long that takes.

I have it now, thanks I will take a quick look shortly.

Thank you. Also, I apologize that it is another topic entirely, but I can’t seem to get the Jaikoz I have out of read only mode. I just started it for the first time, loaded it, realized I couldn’t do anything, found a short thread in the forum and reclosed it. I then opened it again and it’s still in read-only mode.

Different topics should be posted in different thread please, otherwise becomes makes thread unreadable for others, so please post as separate topic.

I looked at the Julianna Hatfield - Become What You Are album and I am afraid you still only have 9 songs instead of the expected 12 songs. So that tells me that your tool for recovering the disk is not able to recover all files, which is fairly normal rather than a problem caused by SongKong or Jaikoz.

So you could now run Fix Songs, or you may wish to wait for SongKong 6.9.4 due to be released in a few days because I have made some changes to improve how it handles albums it cannot fully match and has to match song only.

I can wait for the new release. However, will it let me know that once it has matched everything it can that there are songs missing?

You can easily run a Missing Songs report in Jaikoz afterwards.