SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Need Help with Increasing Memory on a Mac

I am having problems with running out of memory for a large collection (20,000 songs). I have found the instructions for increasing the memory but for some reason can’t modify the values. I’ve tried both methods (from the terminal and with jaikoz running) with no luck. I’ve recently switched to mac and am not familiar with command lines and such, so I need someone to walk me through it.

For the jaikoz.app method, I went into the contects folder for jaikoz, but the info.plist file did not show up in the list.

For the jaikoz.sh method, I could get to the appropriate line parameter with the memory settings, but I could not edit any of the values. I was just trying to delete what was there and insert new values. How do you edit these values?

I am running 10.6.4 OSX with the 64 bit version of Java.

Thanks for your help!

Crissy

The file must be there, if you cannot see it maybe there is an option in Macs to hide it but I don’t know about it, can you please recheck this.

Using a text editor, how were you trying to do it ?

I went back and tried again and was able to find the info.plist file and modify it.

I think the problem was that I originally had Finder locate the jaikoz folder. When I tried again and just selected jaikoz application from the applications folder, the plist file was listed when I selected contents.

Thanks for your help.