SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

navigation in linux

I am tryin out Jaikoz on linux, and trying to navigate to a folder on an external hard disk. When I choose ‘open file’ I can navigate normally to /media/Iomega hdd/… However, when I choose ‘open folder’ I can only navigate as far as /media. In other words, I cannot access symlinks. I don’t think it will be very efficient to either tag my whole library every session, or go through the library file by file.

I thought this symlinks problem had been resolved, any other Linux users give an update on this.

Of course, even if you load your whole libray into Jaikoz it doesnt mean you have to tag all of it, you can use the Column Browser as well as the various filters to hide songs and use context menus to only work on selected songs.

This appears to still be unresolved.

Trying out the demo on Ubuntu I am a little disappointed in the fit and finish of the linux ver for reoccurring use. It works, but for instance creating my own menu links and the Jaikoz folder adding its own unhidden entry in my home dir seems out of place with how well thought out the rest of the program seems.

I understand the core features are there and the UI is likely primed for OSX. Its simply hard to feel like there is a value in paying the same price for something I am inclined to install just to clean up my home dir.

Not a critique of th functionality, just leaving a comment

Yes fair point, this is a known issue and should have fixed it I was just cautious about changing it and potentially breaking existing installations.