SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Names reversed in Squeezebox Server

i.e. Alanis Morissette used to be filed under “A” for Alanis is now filed under “M” for Morissette.

How can I correct this before I let Jaikoz blast away at the other 500 artists?

Probably filed by Sort Artist which would be Morrisette, Alanis .
If you don’t want this behaviour blank out this value, then to prevent Musicbrainz filling in this field modify the option in Preferences/Musicbrainz/Format

[quote=paultaylor]Probably filed by Sort Artist which would be Morrisette, Alanis .
If you don’t want this behaviour blank out this value, then to prevent Musicbrainz filling in this field modify the option in Preferences/Musicbrainz/Format [/quote]

Thanks Paul, I guess I’m not fully understanding the options. (I just upgraded after years with pre-v3.)

I do want it sorted by artist, but not sorted by Last, First. (Again, after years of First, Last it would only add to my confusion.)

Where would I find this option?

Thanks again and don’t feel bad if you feel the need to pretend I’m an idiot. In fact, don’t pretend.

go to Preference -> Table -> Columns and enable Sort Artist. Then load your files and look in the Edit-Pane for the column Sort Artist. Delete the Artists in that column, if there exist some values. Do the same for Sort Album Artist.
After you have done that, disable this column in Preference and then go to Preference -> MusicBrainz -> Format and choose for SortArtist -> Never populate this field. Do the same for SortAlbumArtist. Check the other fields too. Check Preference -> Remote Correct -> Discogs too.

And read the HELP :!:

Some more info, Sort Artist field always stores Artists as Lastname/Firstname, Artist stores them as Firstname/Lastname. if the Sort Artist field exists then Squeezebioz will use that for sorting, if it doesnt exist it will use Artist. This is why we are recommending you don’t use the Sort Artist field