SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

My Wish List

1. Jaikoz should open faster.

2. To download/update Jaikoz, it would be easier to just click on through everything, as opposed to extracting the file.

3. When there is an acoustic match, it should look for all releases that are the same as the ones just associated with the acoustic fingerprint, and then find the correct release based on a metadata match, if there is already metadata.

4. Jaikoz should have an option to translate foreign artist names, if possible — like MusicBrainz Picard. But this would be disabled by default.

5. I know that, at least on iTunes, you can convert songs between AAC and MP3 formats. Jaikoz should be able to convert between any formats that are possible to convert (not ID3 on MP3’s, but the MAJOR formats: MP3, Flaac, Vorbis, etc.).

6. I think, by default, the following options should be set ONLY if there is no metadata match : prefer official albums, prefer JUST studio albums. If there is metadata, it should just find the match closest to the metadata, despite those options. But there should still be an option to ALWAYS set those options. So, in this scenario, it would have under prefer official albums “only if there is no metadata match” and “always” and you would choose one, but it would, by default, it would have chosen “only if there is no metadata match”.

7. I think the prefer country should not be set by default, not only because it should just find the best metadata match despite country, but because Jaikoz supports different languages, and, therefore, different countries.

8. I might be incorrect on this, but, from my understanding, when saving track changes, it can either save ALL the changes made to it or NONE, if just ONE change cannot be saved. So, if you choose to do multiple things in the autocorrector, it should look at the individual changes and save all it can, but not necessarily ALL the changes. But this would be disabled by default.

9. Jaikoz should have an option to save changes to EACH track as it goes. So, if it makes a change to a track, it should save it, move on to the next track, save the changes, etc. But this would be disabled by default.

—Thanks

[quote=Pitman6787]1. Jaikoz should open faster.
[/quote]
…and quicker at correcting tags, and quicker at saving etc. All code gets reexamined at sometime and performance improvements mades.

For Windows, you want it to be a selef extracting zip ?

There is not a safe way to find all the associated releases, and it wouldnt help if the acoustic Id linked to a compilation and you wanted the original release because I couldnt even do a textual match between the two albums names.

If you are saying you want metamatch to take precdedence over acoustic ids, the easiest way to do this would be to run Autoccorect From MusicBrainz without doing Retrieve Acoustic Ids first.

Allready on list.

Encoding songs isnt within Jaiozes remit. For one thing it is alot of work, and secondly there are relicensing issues regarding encoding of tracks. Also although you can convert between AAC and Mp3, you 'll get a further degardation of quality- you should realy only ever encode from a lossless format.

What are you trying to achieve by doing this ?

Jaikoz should set the default country based on the locale of the users computer, rather than defaulting to UK as it does now.

If jaikoz cant save chnages to a file it is because either the file is missing or something has gone wrong and there is a bug, this shouldnt normally happen.

[quote=Pitman6787]
9. Jaikoz should have an option to save changes to EACH track as it goes. So, if it makes a change to a track, it should save it, move on to the next track, save the changes, etc. But this would be disabled by default.
—Thanks[/quote]
Yes, I might add an option to Correct from Musicbrainz, like I do for Retrieve Acoustic Ids.

1. You said you take that into account. But my REAL focus was just how fast it opens, which is much slower for me consistently than all other programs.

2. I guess so. Whenever I have downloaded any other computer program, generally, I have just clicked on the thing that downloads it, clicked “download” or whatever, and just basically clicked “Next” over and over, sometimes clicking options, without having to follow any real instructions except for clicking “Next”. I know that’s kinda vague, but that’s the gist it. I think it would be easier if Jaikoz were like that.

3. You said: “If you are saying you want metamatch to take precdedence over acoustic ids, the easiest way to do this would be to run Autoccorect From MusicBrainz without doing Retrieve Acoustic Ids first.” What if acoustic Id’s are already on the audio files? If they are, there should be an option to ignore the acoustic Id and just do a metadata match.

4. Okay.

5. Okay. But, for my knowledge, what do you mean by “you should really only ever encode from a lossless format.”?

6. Nevermind.

7. That’s even better.

8. I’ll send my files which Jaikoz can’t save.

9. I was hoping for automatic save changes to any changes, whether it be acoustic Id (which I know is already in place), Correct from MuiscBrainz, autocorrect, update tags from existing musicbrainz id, etc.

[quote=Pitman6787]1. You said you take that into account. But my REAL focus was just how fast it opens, which is much slower for me consistently than all other programs.
[/quote]
Ok, i’ll add it to the todo list as a seperate item

There are different standarsd for different opertaing systems. But to take Windows if you just download a Jaikoz.exe installer some browser warn warn that it was a dangerous file, so I wrap it into a zip file to avoid this. Anybody have a better idea ?

Ok, I’ll add ‘Ignore Acoustic Ids when matching’ option

Some formats are lossless, they preserve the audio exactly (e.g WAV or FLAC) but the filesizes are much larger. Some formats are lossless (e.g MP3 or OGG VORBIS) they lose some detail on the basis that the loss is so minscule you cant really hear it, and the file sizes are much smaller - but every time you convert you lose a little but more detail and the quality of the file gets worse and worse.

Yes please do.

[quote=Pitman6787]
9. I was hoping for automatic save changes to any changes, whether it be acoustic Id (which I know is already in place), Correct from MuiscBrainz, autocorrect, update tags from existing musicbrainz id, etc.[/quote]
It might end up something like this, but you dont want to autocorrect some files and endup saving each file ten times.

I think the prefer country should not be set by default, not only because it should just find the best metadata match despite country, but because Jaikoz supports different languages, and, therefore, different countries.