SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

MY HOOVERCRAFT IS FULL OF EELS

Hi, just installed 3.9.

Chose “Eng”(lish) as language, got Norwegian anyway (on first run, at least).

The automatic translation is atrocious. I don’t know why one would bother, really.

[quote=MAzE5h1p69wB]Hi, just installed 3.9.
Chose “Eng”(lish) as language, got Norwegian anyway (on first run, at least)
[/quote]
The language chosen during installation is not connected to the language chosen by the application itself, this is a Windows/Linux problem only in OSX you don’t even have an installer.

Yeah, the automatic translation for some of the languages isn’t great but it is a start. What happened in this case is a Norweigen speaker offered to do a translation if I provided a starting point, so I did the automatic translation but they never bothered to do the translation, because I had a translation I thought it might be useful anyway

How many lines of text is it and what format?

If it takes me less than two hours I could do it.

Take a look at this

http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/102.page

its all quite straightforward, and you can just modify parts of it

Cool, where’s the jaikoz.properties file?

From the post.

On OSX
Right click on /Applications/Jaikoz
Select Show Package Contents
Navigate to Resources/Java

On Windows this would be something like
C:\Program FiIes\Jthink\Jaikoz

On Linux this would be something like/
/opt/Jthink/Jaikoz

Ok, got it. I confused it with settings in the “my documents”-folder.

Anyway, this is way more than two hours’ work.

I’ll have a crack at it, but no promises.

Also the automatic translation funnily enough translates to Swedish in some places.

Sure, but as I said if you just improve the translation of some of it, that’s an improvement.

EDIT:Just realised I gave you an older link about transaltions I should have pointed you towards http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/1495.page
which is a bit clearer.

I do not enjoy doing this.

What’s with the empty fields, do you plan to either:

1. Leave fields having identical text-strings between the two languages, empty
  2. Forget to auto-translate new strings
  1. Where Auto-translate did not provide a translation the field is left blank, there should only be a handful of these. (I assume you are using prdeditor to do this.)

Right.

Well, I got to line 153 out of ~1300 in half an hour, and did a little sanity-check.

Do I really see the need for a Norwegian translation, which could potentially benefit maybe two out of perhaps ten Norwegian customers, and in reality will benefit nobody because they will just use the English version anyway?

Nah. Case closed.