SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

MusicBrainz Year correct but Jaikoz update is different year

When I Auto Correct, the Year for https://musicbrainz.org/cdtoc/BNcOBruyUJ5WTmhH7H9TtVEO8Wc- is filled in with incorrect 1950 in Jaikoz.

Jaikoz doesn’t work from cdtocs it matches files so please check if the year matches the MusicBrainz Release Id it has been matched to.

If not it may be that you have Preferences:MusicBrainz:Format:Put Original Year into Year enabled.

[quote=paultaylor]Jaikoz doesn’t work from cdtocs it matches files so please check if the year matches the MusicBrainz Release Id it has been matched to.

If not it may be that you have Preferences:MusicBrainz:Format:Put Original Year into Year enabled.[/quote]

Hi Paul

I just used that link to direct folks to the album.

All the MusicBrainz ID fields were filled in from AutoCorrect in Jaikoz, and I just see where the “1950” data is coming from.

The Avett Brothers are a modern group, so even if Original Year was being used, it would not be 1950.

I’m new to MB but poking around, I don’t see “1950” anywhere. The album was released solely in 2006.

thanks!

Hmm, not sure either but it would help me narrow it down if you confirm whether Put Original Year into Year, as it possible that the code for trying to find the original year has a problem.

Also does the Release Discogs Url field have a value, if so look up the associated Discogs Id

[quote=paultaylor]Hmm, not sure either but it would help me narrow it down if you confirm whether Put Original Year into Year, as it possible that the code for trying to find the original year has a problem.

Also does the Release Discogs Url field have a value, if so look up the associated Discogs Id[/quote]

Hi Paul

I did have that Put Original Year into Year enabled, at first.

Now I have disabled it and it still reads 1950 after auto-correct. Shouldn’t it pick up 2006 now?

There is no Discogs URL but here it is anyway:

thanks!

Try deleting the contents of the field, then run Update Metadata from MusicBrainz and see what happens.

sorry I should have tried that. Now I see 2006-x-x filled in, and then when I activate Put Original Year… it replaces that with 2006. Which is perfect as I would rather have a Year rather than Date.

Not sure where the 1950 came from! If I see more bugs when using Jaikoz on my fill library, I will post.

Hi, okay great it will have to remain a mystery.

Actually to change all values to year you can do the following:

• Ensure Preferences:Local Correct:Year Correct:What should the Year Contain is set to Store Year
  • Run Action:Local Correct:Correct Year