SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

MusicBrainz settings Bug? (Sort Artist/Sort Album Artist)

(Jaikoz 2.1.0, MacOS 10.4.11, Mp3 id3v23)

Hi,

I do not use the “Sort” fields so I wanted to disable them by default. Jaikoz offers that option in: Action Settings > MusicBrainz Settings > Format.
I checked the options to “never populate this field” for “Sort Artist” and “Sort Album Artist”.
However Jaikoz still enters information to those fields. I really would like to keep those fields empty as I have other ways to sort my files.
So I delete those fields manually but it really would be nice if no informations was entered in the first place!

btw: I took the liberty to add Jaikoz to iusethis.com. Other Mac users really need to know about this app :mrgreen:

[quote=dash7]Hi,I do not use the “Sort” fields so I wanted to disable them by default. Jaikoz offers that option in: Action Settings > MusicBrainz Settings >
[/quote]
thanks youre right , found and fixed bug for next release.

[quote=dash7]
btw: I took the liberty to add Jaikoz to iusethis.com. Other Mac users really need to know about this app :mrgreen: [/quote]
thats great, thanks.

Thanks for working on this issue!
I just downloaded and tried the new version 2.2.0 (on Mac 10.5.1) and I really like the new interface for the preferences.

Unfortunately it is still not possible to never populate the field “Sort Album Artist”. (Preferences > MusicBrainz > Format)
If you choose this option it automatically switches back to “Always populate this field”. I tried this option on some other fields and it seems like the “Sort Album Artist” filed is the only one with this problem.

Also I tried to change my subfolder names to “%B” (= album name) but I always get an error message (“Trying to map column options for illegal index:4”) and the subfolder name remains unchanged.

Oh, Ill take another look.

[quote=dash7]
Also I tried to change my subfolder names to “%B” (= album name) but I always get an error message (“Trying to map column options for illegal index:4”) and the subfolder name remains unchanged.[/quote]
There was another bug in the new release, please download it again the issue should be fixed.

Fixed in v2.2.1

great, works perfectly now!
thanks for the fix!