SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

musicbrainz lookup limitations on private server?

I just installed the new vm player and image. The install went very smoothly. I ran replication which took a few minutes and then ran the indexing which took a little over a day.

I have now set jaikoz to point to my server for both the lookup and searches. I had it set to 1 core and 2gb of ram and noticed when i run a jaikoz update on existing metadata it takes about 1 second per file. I bumped it up to 4gb and 2 cores and noticed it is still the same.

Are there any restrictions that are still in place on using a local musicbrainz server and if not, is 1 second a look up average on a local server?

Hi, we found a problem with the new VM and SongKong

that because it doesn’t expose the search server separately and you have to specify the search server using the same url as the musicbrainz server it broke the SongKong local server logic.

Jaikoz has the same logic, unfortunately for you guys Im on holiday for a week starting Thursday so I’m not going to be able to do a new release of Jaikoz until I come back, then this will be top priority.

Ah, I forgot something the problem only exists for search not lookup so shouldn’t really Update from Metadata.

But the delay is only removed in the Pro version of Jaikoz, do you have the pro version ?

Ah, found the cause the MusicBrainz webservice contains:

Lookup Queries
Search Queries
Browse Queries

When the code was originally written Jaikoz didn’t use any browse queries but now it does, and unfortunately browse queries are getting incorrectly identified as search queries rather than lookup queries. And then because of the issue mentioned earlier the delay is still being enforced.

Working on this now for the next release, progress can be seen at http://www.jthink.net:8081/browse/JAIKOZ-434

Awesome, glad you found the issue. No rush here. Enjoy your holiday!

Welcome back! How was your holiday?

I noticed you fixed this issue in Jira for 5.6.0. Can’t wait until it is released! :slight_smile:

Yes, good thanks, I was waiting to see if Muiscbrainz would fix the VM but thats going to take a while so Ive changed Jaikoz, one more thing to fix then I’ll do a new Jaikoz release.