SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Musicbrainz data is just wrong

Hi. I’m having similar accuracy problems with both Musicbrainz data and Discogs. The data that they fill in is not correct for the associated songs. I don’t know if the error has to do with Jaikoz or the databases but I’d appreciate some help. I’m using Jaikoz 4.5.7NGS on OS X 10.7.3.

Imported into Jaikoz, my ripped files show only the filenames, but they are the accurate names of the songs. So, I have a baseline to compare the returned incorrect metadata against.

Here’s my workflow:

I drag the files into Jaikoz
I go to Action/Remote Correct/Retrieve AcousticIDs
I tried to Match Songs To A Specified MBz Release using the search button but none of the suggestions match
I found the collection in Musicbrainz’ database manually. The tracklist on the Release tab matches my collection precisely.
I go to the Details tab to get the MBID and enter that into the Match Songs To A Specified MBz Release field
Jaikoz says it has a match, with an accurate title

But, the returned metadata is only 5% correct, not matching the tracklist at all.

Can you tell me what’s going on and what I might need to do differently to make this process work?

So you entered the MusicBrainz Release Id into the field displayed when you run Match Songs To A Specified MBz Release, it says it matches but the changed metadata doesn’t seem to match the tracks in the release you were trying to match to.

This doesnt make much sense to me but it would help if you could email support@jthink.net your support files using Advanced/Create Support Files within Jaikoz and a screenshot showing the metadata before and after, this is listed in the the Changes tab on the detail panel.