SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

MusicBrainz Add Release broken

Scenario 1:

1. Load in 25 tracks, select them and use Remote Correct > Submit New Release.
  2. Everything seems fine, the fields are filled in and the track list is correct. However any changes made to the track list are not persistent, I can’t explain why.

Scenario 2:

1. Load in 25 tracks, select them and use Remote Correct > Submit New Release.
  2. Copy the track list to the clipboard.
  3. Use New Release on MusicBrainz website, paste the track list in.
  4. Changes to the track list now work.

After further testing MusicBrainz is giving 502 gateway errors still, and removing my track list changes after it times out.

I am unable to submit the release at all since it just sits there then gives a gateway error (while proceeding from Recordings).

http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/MBS-1985

so does scenerio 1 only fails if you make changes ?
If you load the release from Jaikoz, and then just click next until the end does it work ?

About the same happens to me:

Internal Server Error

Oops, something went wrong!

Error message: (No details about this error are available)

This happens when I want to add a new release at MusicBrainz and I’m on the page “Recordings” and click “Next” (MBS-2110)
Up to the Recording-Page all went fine.

[quote=paultaylor]so does scenerio 1 only fails if you make changes ?
If you load the release from Jaikoz, and then just click next until the end does it work ?[/quote]

I have tried several times from both Safari 5 and Firefox 4 and I cannot submit the release at all, every single time I get a 502 Bad Gateway. There is information on the ticket.

Even if you add release with no modifications ?
Try a smaller release, I have added a number of releases with no such issues.

[quote=Alfg]About the same happens to me:

Internal Server Error

Oops, something went wrong!

Error message: (No details about this error are available)

This happens when I want to add a new release at MusicBrainz and I’m on the page “Recordings” and click “Next” (MBS-2110)
Up to the Recording-Page all went fine.[/quote]

Saw your update to Musicbrainz Issue, does this only happen with VArious Artist Releases ?

No, it happens the same way when I try to add a new release from a single artist (Curtis Lee). I have attached some screenshots to the bug-message (MBS-2110)

HI

Just occurred to me because you are using Jaikoz when you do add New Release it creates a html page on your computer then it submits the data as a post from this page to Musicbrainz. So if you could email me this page then I can attempt to add the same release without needing the actual music files, then I can see if it occurs for me, and if so try and work out what is different about this release.

Also the issue you have raised on Musicbrainz does not make it clear that you are seeding the release with information rather than manually entering it, this is probably important ( during the Musicbrainz Beta there were a number of bugs in Musicbrainz that only showed themselves when seeding a release)

how do I get to this html-page???

PS.: Oh, I found it.
So the html page is on it’s way to you

So Musicbrainz have done a fix for this, the issue seems to have occurred because the artist name but not artist id wasnt originaly set. If you temporarily chnage your musicbrainz submission preferences to use host http://test.musicbrainz.org and password mb you can try it out with some other releases if you like to check it really is working for you.

Checked it out, works for me too.

Thank you for your help.

Still not working for me, instead of getting the 502 Bad Gateway I get a 504 Gateway Timeout with the message “Sleepy Server - One of our servers appears to not be responding quick enough. Please try again later.”

Can you send me the seeded release html file please

The problem is the missing elements stage, since I didn’t confirm any of the artists the backend has to do lots of searching to find the artists which causes it to time out.

I ended up adding the release with just 5 tracks, then editing the release to add the rest of the tracks.

Since i’ve already added the release Jaikoz is naturally hesitant to submit it again, i’m not what you can get out of the result page but it is attached.

Hi, you need to need to send me the html page that Jaikoz creates, this appears for a few seconds before then posting the form to Musicbrainz. Its name will be something like

(On OSX)
file:///Users/paul/Library/Preferences/Jaikoz/addrelease3848579296243154548.html

[quote=paultaylor]Hi, you need to need to send me the html page that Jaikoz creates, this appears for a few seconds before then posting the form to Musicbrainz. Its name will be something like

(On OSX)
file:///Users/paul/Library/Preferences/Jaikoz/addrelease3848579296243154548.html[/quote]

Thanks , still very useful because still timing out after clicking the recordings tab. You seem to have been rather fobbed off with your original issue so I raised this new one http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/MBS-2347

My only real concern was that I enter the ASOT episodes which come out weekly so there is a time pressure that doesn’t apply to other released being added.

Now that I know that all I have to do is select the artists in the advanced editor its not a problem for me. I can let the issues on the musicbrainz ticket(s) resolve themselves over time.

HI, the issue of adding VA Releases has now been fixed on MusicBrainz