SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Multiple Issues when attempting to use SongKong Headless in Linux

Hi there,

I’m currently running into several issues when attempting to use SongKong under a headless Linux server.

I receive the following error when trying to invoke SongKong from command line:

user@dreamcast:~/songkong$ ./songkong.sh
debuglogfile is:/home/user/.songkong/Logs/songkong_debug%u-%g.log
userlogfile is:/home/user/.songkong/Logs/songkong_user%u-%g.log
You have attempted to start in GUI mode but your environment does not support using the GUI

I’m given a different error when any argument is passed to SongKong.

user@dreamcast:~/songkong$ ./songkong.sh -?
License check failed, either your internet connection is not working on your license details are incorrect
Check the values of licenseEmail, LicenseKey1 and LicenseKey2 in your songkong.properties file

License information isn’t stored in the songkong properties file. It’s stored in a license.properties file which is correctly populated according to the documentation. Also, there is nothing wrong with my internet connectivity on this server.

Any assistance with getting Song Kong to work is greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

You are correct that message is incorrect, license is stored in license.properties but it does seem that the license may be incorrect. Without any arguments songkong.sh would start gui, instead run songkongremote.sh then you can connect via a browser on port 4567 and check your license details.

I received the same error when trying to start songkongremote.sh.

user@dreamcast:~/songkong$ ./songkongremote.sh
License check failed, either your internet connection is not working on your license details are incorrect
Check the values of licenseEmail, LicenseKey1 and LicenseKey2 in your songkong.properties file

I attempted to start it with an empty license.properties file and populated. Received the same message each time. I will PM the contents of my license file.

Problem was solved with a clean reinstall.

I’m having the same issues. I’m not sure what you mean by a clean reinstall. I created a fresh virtualmachine with ubuntu server 16.04LTS.
I also had to set ./jre64/bin/java to executable

Hmm, I’m not sure because the customer just reported to me that they got it working by deleting config files and reinstalling, if you created a new virtual machine that would be the ultimate reinstall.

Okay, have you checked the contents of your license.properties file are okay, and is SongKong able to talk to the outside world to verify license ?

I can ping to google dns and I have no firewall enabled, so wan access should be okay. My license file is untouched since I unpacked the archive.

edit: the licensefile only contains #licensedetails

I currently have not purchased a songkong license, I intent to try the lite version for now.

edit 2: It seems to be running on my main system (linux mint 18.3 64bit). Are there any dependencies I might be overlooking?

update: it’s running now in my virtualmachine. I guess it was a connection error after all. Does it querry the license server using ssl/https? Last thing I did was check if the system clock was in sync.

No it doesnt use https, but glad it now working for you.

2 posts were split to a new topic: I installed in SUSE linux headless modeand not working