SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Multiple Genres - cannot search/replace or manipulate words in additional genres

Find/Replace in genre only works in the first genre, given a list/array of genres.
Local Correct -> Genre when set up with a custom word manipulator also only acts on the first, immediately visible genre when presented with a list/array of genres.

The fix would be to search within all elements of a genre array when performing a find/replace or when manipulating the data.

edit: my original intention with this was to remove the numeric genre tags and I just fell upon the “save in itunes-friendly format” setting which it just so turns out, does exactly that! I’m using squeezeserver aka LMS and it doesn’t convert numeric id3v2 genres to strings - but it also DOES expose all genres in an array of genres and many are pretty effed up.

Hi, this is a known issue https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1332

Ok - thanks! Will delete.

I do not know if this is exactly what this post is about. I see that I have a number next to genre. I know I can click on it and see all the genres that are attached. Is their a way where the field just shows all the genres in the field and just has a separator like a comma or is that not how this field works?

Hi, yes all multi level fields are displayed like this in Jaikoz, you can see the first field and the other fields are accessed by double clicking on the number. I can see it might be useful to have the alternative view you suggest (that is what we do in SongKong for Manual Edit) but not currently possible.