SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Multiple Genre tags Apple Lossless support?

Hi,

In Jaikoz you can add multiple genre tags to a song. This works fine for FLAC, but not for Apple Lossless. I tagged a song with 2 Genre: R&B and Soul. Jaikoz says 2 in front of genre, nice.
With a FLAC file I see this when I look into it with mediainfo:

syn512> /volume1/@appstore/mediainfo/mediainfo 15*.flac | grep Genre
Genre : R&B / Soul

But it does not work for Apple Lossless:

syn512> /volume1/@appstore/mediainfo/mediainfo 05*.m4a | grep Genre
Genre : R&B
syn512>

While saving, Jaikoz does not give any error message, but when I reload the apple lossless songs again into Jaikoz it just says 1 in front of genre.

Is this as designed or a bug?

Thanks!
:?:

The underlying problem is that the genre field for Apple Lossless only supports one genre. So the only way multiple genres could be stored would to either store them in another field (that probably no player would recognise) or add multiple genres to the one field seperated by a delimter like a ‘/’ but ten in programs like iTunes your songs would be grouped by this multiple genre rather than the genres within in.

So for this reason Jaikoz only saves the first genres for any mp4, however it is a bug that Jaikoz doesnt indicate this in the UI - http://jthink.net:8081/browse/JAIKOZ-185

I use minimserver on my nas and it supports values that need to be entered using separate repeated tags as specified by the relevant tagging specifications. For example, to tag a file with multiple genres R&B and Soul, the file should contain two tags:

GENRE=R&B
GENRE=Soul

Would be great if Jaikoz could do this also for apple lossless (.m4a) files, like it does for flac. I checked this way of tagging with mp3tag on a .m4a file and it works.

Thanks!