SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Multiple crashes

I’m trying to tag a library of 41,000 songs and having serious problems with Jaikoz crashing. Initially started trying to tag them all directly on the NAS drive, but always crashed after two days and nights of processing. Have now copied across to hard drive (total file size is about 350gb) and have tried files groupings of 41k, 10k then 5k and it still crashes before it manages to save. I have got 5k of them to saving and it managed to save 200 before just shutting itself down mid save. Is there a log file that can help me understand what’s going wrong? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks

Hi, yes please send me your support files (Advanced/Create Support Files), the zip file created contains log files (if you want to take a look yourself).

However, I suspect that you are running out of memory. If you are using the 32bit version of Jaikoz then the default memory settings are suitable for loading only about 20,000 songs. Its worth noting that the major factor in deciding how much memory Jaikoz is using is how many songs are loaded not how many songs are fixed.

So instead of loading 40,000 and then trying to fix 10,000 instead just load 10,000 and fix 10,000 (Or load 40,000, close 30,000 and then fix 10,000).

Alternatively if you have more physical memory you can allocate more to Jaikoz as describe in the help.

Alternatively if you are using Windows 64bit you can use Jaikoz 64bit instead which allocates more memory than the 32bit version.

I realize that this is a design flaw in Jaikoz that Im addressing, its sister product SongKong has no such issue.