SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

MP4!/ videos not working with jaikoz software

When I drag mp4 or m4a files to jaikoz screen. A message appears stating that jaikoz does not support video files. I purchased this software for that exact purpose. Please assist me in this dilemma expeditiously because I am under time constraints to get this task completely.

Sorry Jaikoz is for audio files not video files.

The information I received stated that your latest version was of Jaikoz 9.3 which came out Oct 17, 2017supported mp4 ,m4a and many other files. I purchased this software under the auspice that it would tag all my video files. I am a video DJ and as such all my music are video files. If the information you have provided me is correct, I would like my monies to be refunded expeditiously. Thank you in advance

It does support m4a and mp4 audio file, its clearly a tool for audio metadata and doesn’t mention video metadata anywhere.

In what way does Jaikoz support MP4 files. Also is there a YouTube or any other type of instructions that will guide me in using the jaikoz software. I have attempted to tag several MP3 files but after activating the autocorrect; I have not been able to locate the corrected files. I assumed the tagged mp3 files would be placed back in its original folder but that?s not the case. A YouTube video would?ve been great.

[quote=chicagofinest] In what way does Jaikoz support MP4 files.
[/quote]
In all ways as long as they do not contain a video stream in addtion to an audio stream

[quote=chicagofinest]
Also is there a YouTube or any other type of instructions that will guide me in using the jaikoz software. I have attempted to tag several MP3 files but after activating the autocorrect; I have not been able to locate the corrected files. I assumed the tagged mp3 files would be placed back in its original folder but that?s not the case. A YouTube video would?ve been great. [/quote]
There is a manual, but only one very old youtube video unfortunately. By default autocorrect doesnt even rename files, nor does it actually save anything until you do save changes/You can make the basefolder/subfolder/filename columns visible in Jaikoz main window so you can see if the file is being renamed by Autocorrect.

I have to admit I love your response time. Where with the man you?ll be located so that I can navigate through the JAIKOZ software. Also can you attach a link to the old YouTube video that you have.

Thanks Im in the Uk

This is the Jaikoz video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSDoSOoynho
but I think the main issue is you havent actually saved the changes, however I agree that the software needs a UI overhaul which is what we plan with Jaikoz X early next year.

However I think actually you would be better of with SongKong, most find that easier to use, I will swap your license if you want to move to SongKong, but the trial lets you see exactly what it can do, and we have a few more videos for SongKong - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBEfu8eXW2xq54kLV_Gw5ZnG6igZEM6KO

Ok great … let me look over SongKong first before we transfer. Thanks again for your expeditiousl replies.

I?ve looked over SongKong. And yes I would like to transfer my license to songkong. this app appears to be more user-friendly. However I am concerned whether it with except other applications like Serato DJ. I do not use my iTunes so most of my tagging Would be applied to Serato DJ. Another concern that I have is I don?t want the original file folder name changed where the music is being stored as this would affect my Serato playlist

Hi, it doesn’t depend on iTunes at all it is a standalone application, the iTunes integration is simply to inform iTunes when files have changed so iTunes can update its internal song database. So once Songkong has modified your metadata then it would be visible in any other application, if Serato keeps an internal database the you would just have to refresh/rescan it.

SongKong does not move/rename any files by default. It will only rename if you change the Rename based from metadata on the Basic tab from the default of No or set up a Move Folder on the Filenaming tab.

One thing that Songkong does not do that Jaikoz does is manual editing, all changes are automated.

I await your final confirmation that you want to swap licenses.

Yes please… transfer license… songkong appears to be very user friendly

Hi, Songkong Pro license has been sent, and Jaikoz one disabled.

Ok great… I?ll activate later this evening

[quote=paultaylor]Thanks Im in the Uk

This is the Jaikoz video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSDoSOoynho

[/quote]

what program should a get jaikoz or songkong i use winamp for auto tag and tag clinic to fix the names on song before but winamp is out for now??

I would recommend SongKong but they both have trials so just try them both out and see what you think.