SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

More Cut / Copy / Paste Stuff

In trying to submit my lyrics to lyrics fly I noticed a bit of strangeness…

When I copy the album, artist, and title to post at Lyrics Fly (to make sure I don’t mess up typing) I noticed that copying out from these fields in the list appends a tab character to everything. Not a show-stopper, but a bit of a hassle to delete it every paste…

Your’e right, I think this has something to with pasting into spreadsheet but I’ll have to check. Its more awkward but if you actually go into the field, and select the text within it instead of just the field) then you don’t get the tab problem.

In order to copy a series of fields form the main table to a spreadsheet application such as Excel the spreadsheet requires the data it receives to have the fields separated by a tab char, otherwise the field data will all go into one field.

Fixed in dev, so that tabs are only used if copying more than one field, so that if you just copy the ‘Artist’ field on its own there will not be a tab at the end.

Awesome!

I’m pleased enough with your software and especially pleased with your dedication to it and to responding to issues, that I have chosen it over the others I have been evaluating. Just made the purchase via PayPal a few minutes ago.

Now I get to make a fresh install on my new hard drive (my laptop hard drive failed 2 days ago; not even 2 months old! :-(, What a pain…). But there is something fresh and clean about a new installation (at least it makes me feel better to think that way lol…), and my files were all backed up so an only slight increase in entropy…

Thanks and please keep up the good work.