SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Monserrat Caballe Norma - no match found

I am continuing my journey with SongKong and I am puzzled by the following:
I am scanning the following Album with SongKong (on the PC, not on the Melco):

There is a matching entry in Musicbrainz. Number of Discs and Tracks match perfectly

However SongKong does not match.
@paultaylor I have put the files on Dropbox for you and sent the support files over

Hi, the problem is that two of the tracks are more than 10 seconds difference in length

-Track 4 you have as 2:45 but MusicBrainz has 2:58
-Track 5 you have as 4:21 but MusicBrainz has 4:10

When matching an album we allow one out of duration match, but two tracks causes a rejection of the album match. Because SongKong matching is automated and can be applied to many albums in one run we have to be cautious about matching.

Seeing as Track 4 is too short, and the next track is too long I thought maybe some of track 4 audio had seeped into track 5 but I listened to the tracks and it sounds fine. Maybe the data is incorrect for MusicBrainz but seems unlikely would be wrong for both versions of the albums they have.

Or maybe they don’t have the version that you have ?

From the songkongdebug log

02/04/2022 10.04.39:BST:Scorer:isSomeTracksOutOfDuration:INFO: G2:C:\Users\Paul\Downloads\Norma (Remaster) (44.1_16)\Norma (Remaster) (44.1_16):false:false:false:false:Checking Release Track Duration Failed:Vincenzo Bellini; Montserrat Caballé, Fiorenza Cossotto, Plácido Domingo, Ruggero Raimondi, Carlo Felice Cillario, London Philharmonic Orchestra:f11a7ab6-7d1c-49fa-a6f0-b8b33004e832:Norma:Song:Norma - Act I - Meco all'altar di Venere:165:Norma: Atto I. Meco all'altar di Venere:178
02/04/2022 10.04.39:BST:Scorer:isSomeTracksOutOfDuration:INFO: G2:C:\Users\Paul\Downloads\Norma (Remaster) (44.1_16)\Norma (Remaster) (44.1_16):false:false:false:false:Checking Release Track Duration Failed:Vincenzo Bellini; Montserrat Caballé, Fiorenza Cossotto, Plácido Domingo, Ruggero Raimondi, Carlo Felice Cillario, London Philharmonic Orchestra:f11a7ab6-7d1c-49fa-a6f0-b8b33004e832:Norma:Song:Norma - Act I - Odi? I suoi riti a compiere Norma:261:Norma: Atto I. Odi? I suoi riti a compiere Norma:250

When we have the single album matcher task in SongKong we can allow user to override and allow match, but not suitable for Fix Songs task. My other application Jaikoz does have a Match Songs to One MusicBrainz Release task that would allow you to do this.

Thanks, I took a look at Jaikoz. I was able to match the Caballe Norma Album against the Musicbrainz release

1 Like

@paultaylor
The matching algorithms could possibly be adapted to take into considerations such situations, where the cut between two tracks has been moved for a digital release. The sum of the two tracks in question matches the sum of the two tracks in Musicbrainz exacly.