SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Modify AIFF metadata

Dear all,

I would like to request the addition of AIFF to files supported by Jaikoz. There are more and more audiophiles using this format and as far as I know there is no serious alternative to Jaikoz on the Mac, so I think you would immediately have a large number of new clients.

Ciao!

Willem

Willem, added to the todo list

Great! I already purchased a license … I’ll be waiting for the future update. :slight_smile:

Ciao!

Willem

I would also LOVE this! :mrgreen:

I would like to echo the suggestions above. I just purchased a license and am very happy with the product when modifying FLAC files. However, I have begun a lengthy process of transcoding to AIFF and want to ensure the tags are correct. iTunes works but we all know it isn’t great… AIFF support would be sublime.

Many thanks in advance.

+1

Many thanks!

+1 Paul. Thanks

I’m going to add myself as a “me too” voice to this thread, though I’m more interested in the ability to edit AIFF files with embedded ID3 tags (as opposed to whatever other native tag format one might use with AIFF).

The format is pretty simple, you just stick an IFF header with the type "ID3 " (that’s a space at the end) at the very end of the AIFF, which encapsulates the exact same style of ID3 data that you’d normally prepend to the start of an MP3 file. The most difficult part is recomputing the length of the FORM header at the very start of the file, which is pretty much a walk in the park compared to dealing with those “synch-safe” integers that ID3 uses.

It may sound strange, but I’m also interested in Jaikoz having the capability of editing files that are JUST ID3 tags (with no attached audio whatsoever).

Yes, I think using ID3 with AIFF is the way we would go with this

This news pleases me :smiley:

I have tools that I’ve cobbled together for working with ID3 tags in AIFF files, but being able to just use Jaikoz would be SO much easier!

Hi,

I’m very interested by this because I switch from PC to mac, and I 'm converting all my flac in AIFF.

Because of the fact that its annoying to find so many different containers and formats for information, I support Paul Taylor in his effort to enlighten the world of audio data. Please transcend these egocentric marketing strategies by opening up a channel of unification.
Seriously, Im using iTalk from Griffin technology on my iPhone/iPad to record my lessons and interviews. iTalk is reliable but writes aiff format only - don’t ask me why. Now i have to convert the files with Max before tagging them with Jaikoz to import them properly into iTunes.
That’s such a waste of precious lifetime!

Bottom line: how are you progressing with the implementation of the AIFF import routine?

Im sorry to report nothing has been done with AIFF as yet.

Talk is reliable but writes aiff format only - don’t ask me why. Now i have to convert the files with Max before tagging them with Jaikoz to import them properly into iTunes.
That’s such a waste of precious lifetime!

Just a little update, read/writing metadata for AIFF and WAV is nearly done in the underlying jaudiotagger lib

https://bitbucket.org/ijabz/jaudiotagger/commits/branch/master

Then it is a small amount of work to plug this into Jaikoz and SongKong, so although we behind schedule we are getting this done.

Excited to tell you we now have Wav and Aif support in SongKong http://blog.jthink.net/2015/10/aiff-and-wav-tagging-now-available.html

If you want to check your files but only have Jaikoz you can use the free trial to identify your songs just not save them. But regardless Im now starting work on adding to Jaikoz and this should be available within a couple of weeks

Wav support now availble in Jaikoz 8.4.0 Beta http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/15247.page