SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Missing performer tags

Just trialling Jaikoz, but I understand that limited saves are possible. I just ripped MB release id 6ecf3860-eb14-47ca-933a-7904a2ac47f4 (Mendelssohn Piano Trios / Sitkovetsky quartet), ran the Autocorrect and saved it. The details pane - classical tag - correctly shows three performers, as per the MB database, but only the first one got saved as a (FLAC) tag. Is this a constraint of the trial version, a bug, or what?
Thanks

Hi, no its not a limitation or a known bug either. As its a flac tag it should contain three PERFORMER_NAME fields each containing one of the performers rather than one PERFORMER_NAME with the three values concatenated together. I think that might be your issue, if you dont think it if you send me the file I could look at it in more detail.

Audio file is rather large. Attached are some screenshots. After saving in Jaikoz, as I said, the three performers were only saved as 1 (the first). There were still three performer names though. First pic shows Jaikoz after reloading the folder. 2nd pic shows what Picard gets - all three. 3rd screen shows the MB data. [EDIT - last 2 pics are reversed when displayed below]

Does it work correctly in SongKong ?

The first time I ran SongKong on this file it showed 3, but then so did Jaikoz until it saved it. Now they both show 3 performer names, but only 1 performer with instrument.

Right, does sound like a bug Ive raised against SongKong since that is what I’m currently working on and I can check it as part of other checks, but aware it may only be actually an issue in Jaikoz https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/SONGKONG-1169

Its is a bug, but only in Jaikoz https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1159, SongKong is fine.

It effects non ID3 file formats such as Flac and Mp4, and it means certain fields (not just Performer but also PerformerName and PerformerNameSort) are only having the first value saved when added/editing in Jaikoz.

I am doing a fix now, but not in a position to a Jaikoz release at the moment.