SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Mismatched search result when matching recordings added to MusicBrainz

Paul, please check MBS-2201. Maybe it has something to do with Jaikoz 4.0 NGS. I hope you received the files for MBS-2110, so you can replicate this error in MusicBrainz too.

I don’t think this issue is anything to do with Jaikoz, I think there is something not quite right with whatever algorithm is used by Musicbrainz to give you possible releases.

Actually , now Ive realised that some tracks have already been linked to incorrect recordings and this is done by Jaikoz before submitting the data, so it is a Jaikoz problem.

I can’t believe that, there were no linking in Jaikoz.
But you have the original data as an exported excel-file and the html-file. So you could reproduce this behavior (like you can see, it’s Curtis Lee again)

What I mean is when you submit the list of tracks from Jaikoz, Jaikoz looks for a good recording match for each track and if it finds one links it, otherwise you manually have to link each track to a recording within the the release editor.

Its still a little difficult for me to replicate your issue, because matching depends on the track duration, which I can’t mimic because I dont have the a list of tracks with the same duration.

I try to send you the songs from this LP in seven messages for your test purpose.

Thanks, replicated your issue, not yet resolved though.

Another thing, if you do Autocorrect with these songs, Jaikoz renames incorrectly some songs, because the algorithm of Jaikoz thinks that these song are all from the same CD (which is registered in MusicBrainz).

Its another bug on Musicbrainz, please see http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/MBS-2328

Haven’t looked in detail, but the songs that Jaikoz autocorrects incorrectly are songs that don’t exist at all in Musicbrainz but another song exists on an album with the same name and of about the same length, so as that is the best match and just meets the threshold Jaikoz accepts it. Seems that the threshold sould be increased a little

i.e Gotta Have You 2:04, Then I’ll Know 2:00
i.e Pure Love 2:16 , Pledge of Love 2:24 (also matches on ‘love’
i.e With All My Heart 2:08, d in love 2:10

Its another bug on Musicbrainz, please see http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/MBS-2328[/quote]

This ones now fixed on Musicbrainz

Haven’t looked in detail, but the songs that Jaikoz autocorrects incorrectly are songs that don’t exist at all in Musicbrainz but another song exists on an album with the same name and of about the same length, so as that is the best match and just meets the threshold Jaikoz accepts it. Seems that the threshold sould be increased a little

i.e Gotta Have You 2:04, Then I’ll Know 2:00
i.e Pure Love 2:16 , Pledge of Love 2:24 (also matches on ‘love’
i.e With All My Heart 2:08, d in love 2:10 [/quote]

Looked at this in more detail, Jaikoz has managed to match all 14 songs to the same album, keeping every song within duration tolerance for each song, and matching all the real matches to the correct songs. In fact the ones that dont match the right song do match except for the song title, and all songs got a resoanble matching score. If I was to enforce a rule to match the song title more closely this would break some matches, sometimes songs are renamed on different albums, and also prevent matches where the existing title data is incorrect. So I think for the moment I am going to consider this match a bit of a freak case, and see if this problem occurs for others.