SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Minor Mixed Items

Hi

Using V3.9.1 (1088).

1. Reports - List Missing Songs

I find this option quite useful and wondered if you can put it on your list for fixing as soon as you can.

Even an album of 20 tracks with all tracks present reports:

“by [ArtisteName] contains 20 tracks of which 20 are missing, these are listed below”

I know it’s only a minor issue and appreciate it has probably been pushed down your to do list by more important things, but it would be useful to see it working properly.

1. (More a question than an issue) If you add a folder of previously tagged MP3s, many times, the Status column will show one or more disc icons.

If you then use Save (without changing anything), the icons disappear and reloading them again shows no icons.

It’s probably not a problem, but I’m curious why it does this. As I said, it doesn’t happen with all albums.

Cheers…

Barrie

Also - and this has cropped up since posting the previous message…

In the options, you have the ability to select whether to save V1 ID3 tags or V2 ID3 tags - or both. But, you don’t seem to have the ability to say which is displayed in the Track No column of the main display.

With my multi-CD albums, all the MP3s from each CD are stored in sub-folders CD1, CD2, CD3 and so on. In the V2 ID3 tags I’m storing the track numbers as 1-17, 1-20, 1-18 and so on - as you normally would.

In the V1 ID3 tags however, I’m storing the track numbers in the same MP3s as 1-17, 18-37, 38-56 and so on.

That way, I can copy all of the 56 tracks from the three sub-folders into a single folder and use them with some other software I have written which only reads the V1 ID3 tag - and they all play back in the correct order. (If I didn’t do this I would have three track 1’s, three tracks 2’s and so on).

But, when the MP3s are loaded into Jaikoz, as far as I can tell there’s no way to see the V1 track numbers - only the V2. It would be nice to see both side by side if you needed to.

Is this anything you can fix in a later version please?

What I’m doing may well be ‘odd’, but if it’s possible… :slight_smile:

Barrie

[quote=TenBaz]Hi

Using V3.9.1 (1088).

1. Reports - List Missing Songs

I find this option quite useful and wondered if you can put it on your list for fixing as soon as you can.

Even an album of 20 tracks with all tracks present reports:

“by [ArtisteName] contains 20 tracks of which 20 are missing, these are listed below”

I know it’s only a minor issue and appreciate it has probably been pushed down your to do list by more important things, but it would be useful to see it working properly.
[/quote]
I dont get this, I do get this

is that what you mean ?

Its your save settings, the default is to alwaysa save mp3s to use ID3v23, so if you load a mp3 containing an ID3Tag it is marked as requiring save, if you do save it the v24 tag is converted to v23 tag so you dont get it marked for save again.

You can see this more clearly by showing the Version column

Yes. For me, it’s never, ever said ‘x’ tracks 0 missing - even when all the tracks are there. I just assumed it was broken.

I’ve just tried it again on a few albums and every time, it got the number of tracks correct, but always said the same number for the number of missing tracks instead of 0.

But, when there are two tracks missing from say an 18 track album it correctly says 18 tracks - 2 missing, but it then goes on to list all 18 tracks from the album below - not the missing two! :slight_smile:

With regards to the requiring save disc icon issue, I am loading albums which were previously tagged and saved with Jaikoz and it’s set to V23 ID3 tag format already.

If I load 10 albums previously tagged by Jaikoz, you can be pretty certain that one or two will load with some (or all) of the tracks marked with the disc icon. The rest won’t.

As I said, this isn’t really a problem - just me being curious…

TenBaz