SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Metadata not matching with Album

Hi Paul,

I’m having an issue with a group of songs which I have specified to match to a specific album.

Despite saying “be this album” it’s coming back with different artwork, different genres and different release years.

Thus far I’ve tried:
[list]“Manual Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz” and right-click “Match all”[/list]
[list]“Action>Match to Album>Match Songs to One MusicBrainz Album”[/list]
[list]“Action>Match to Album>Match Songs to Specified MusicBrainz Album”[/list]
[list]“Action>Match to Album>Match Songs to One Discogs Album”[/list]
[list]“Action>Match to Album>Match Songs to Specified Discogs Album”[/list]

But nothing seems to alter the input metadata.

As you can maybe see from the screenshot attached, it’s brought back 4 different album arts (yet if I right-click and view album at MusicBrainz it shows a different one), years ranging from 1997-2004 and a genre of “Video Game” despite all the rest being “Ffvii”

I’m just not sure what’s going on here and if I’m doing something wrong. Still trying to learn the software, so it’s entirely possible I’m screwing something up. :roll:

Hi, I cant see picture (unfortunately forum can have problem with images), instead please email at support@jthink.net

Paul

Hey Paul,

I figured out a workaround, but it was a bit frustrating to find it and adds another step to metadata correction.

Basically, after matching the songs in MusicBrainz (or Discogs) I then have to “Empty Column” the columns with the conflicting metadata (in this case “Genre”, “Year” and “Artwork”) and then “Update Metadata from Existing MusicBrainz/Discogs ID”. It’ll then fill with the appropriate (matching) metadata.

Regardless, I’ve sent you an email with the exact text above and the picture that should have attached to the previous post.

Thanks for posting the workaround for this, Bundok. I’ve been having this issue too and it’ll do for now. Hopefully it can be fixed in an update though.

Sorry I have looked at the screenshots but don’t understand the issue, if you are updating from the same release as the orginal match wont it just update with the same data again ?

Every time I try to attach a file I get the following error:

\tnet.jforum.JForumExecutionContext.enableRollback(JForumExecutionContext.java:272)
\tnet.jforum.JForum.service(JForum.java:209)
\tjavax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
\tnet.jforum.util.legacy.clickstream.ClickstreamFilter.doFilter(ClickstreamFilter.java:59)

Hopefully this link works instead:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sXtbJv2s3a6zytYF2

I think the problem was that despite asking Jaikoz to correct the metadata it was either not overwriting the existing metadata or it was importing incorrect/non-matching data despite being a single ID.

The album in question is a single album over 4 discs. I first did an automatic correction but it retained much of the old (incorrect) metadata.
[list]All the tracks were given the genre of “Ffvii” with the exception of one track, given the genre “Video Game”.[/list]
[list]All the years, which should be a single release year, are different dates ranging from 1997-2004. I count 5 distinct dates, despite the correct release date being 2005-05-10.[/list]
[list]The artwork column contains 4 different album arts, possibly correlating to different geographical releases of the same album, but I didn’t verify that.[/list]

Despite asking Jaikoz to match via separate methods as listed in my previous post, both automatic and manual, as well as asking Jaikoz to update the metadata, the metadata did not change… that is until I cleared/emptied the “Genre”, “Year”, and “Artwork” columns completely and then asked Jaikoz to “Update Metadata from existing MusicBrainz ID or Release ID”.
Once I did that all the artwork was a single artwork, all the various dates updated to the single correct date and all the genres updated to be “Ffvii”.

I dont know why this is happening for you, if they all have the same MusicBrainz release id then they should all be updated with the same metadata

I’m not sure either, unfortunately. I tried checking the folder/file permissions in Windows but they weren’t set to anything restrictive like being read-only or admin only access.

It just seems like, at least in this case, Jaikoz is failing to overwrite current metadata if it matches a ReleaseID which the track could match to (such as the list that’s presented to you for selection when you choose to manually update from MusicBrainz).

In this case, I believe that all the metadata was relevant to that Album, just not to the specific release that I was selecting… if that makes sense. >.<

e.g. The Album was released in Japan in 1997, China in 2003 etc. and each had a different album art but that track did match up with that release year/album art on at least one album… I’m probably making this clear as mud at this point.