SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

MEtadata Fields

Can I ask if Jaikoz has metadata fields for ISWC code and/or PRS Tunecode?

Many thanks

Jules

HI, we dont currently support ISWC, but we would like to since it has some support in MusicBrainz. We do not have a separate TUNECORE field but we do have an ISRC field, isnt TUNECORE a pseudo ISRC field, and therefore you could store it in there.

Hi Paul

ISWC and Tunecode are musical work identification systems. ISWC is a global identifier, PRS Tunecode is the system which the PRS in the UK uses . ISRC is similar but not the same - as I understand it ISRC identifies recordings rather than musical works (there’s a subtle but important difference).

I’m a music publisher (trailer music), so am looking for a quick and easy way to do bulk meta-tagging for when we produce new albums.

Thanks for your help.

Jules

Hi Jules

I understand the difference between ISRC and ISWC, we already support Works so it would be logical to add support for ISWC’s. But I thought you meant Tunecore when you said Tunecode, and Tunecore is similar to ISRC https://www.gearslutz.com/board/mastering-forum/675210-isrc-vs-tunecore-id.html

I did not know about Tunecode, is the difference that Tunecode is UK specific (PRS) whereas ISWC is global ?

Hi Paul

Yes, pretty much. Every Performing Rights Organisation (PRO) has their own system for identifying works. For the PRS its the Tunecode, although as I understand it this is also recognized by some other systems around the world.

PRS tunecode can also be added into another field, but it would certainly be very useful to have an ISWC field.

Best

Jules