SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Memory error when loading my music

If you wish to load a larger number of Audio Files you need to shutdown Jaikoz, modify its memory settings in the start up file and then restart

i thought i would try and tackel this myself but the error message referrs to a startup file and i cant seem to find a file labled startup in the install directory.

i am atempting to load abotu 37k files >200gb, can you tell me exactly what file and setting i need to modify to acomplish this.

Please send me your support files using Action/Create Support Files so I cn see how your system is setup, and check that you are not running out of memory for any other reason.

I am also having this memory error. Any idea what causes it?

The first submitter never sent his support files, I need you to do the same if you want me to solve the issue

i Paul, thanks. i sent it to you via the support email.

Any update to this?
I still get the same error and about the same time(javaw.exe hits about 300000k in task Manager)

I have adjusted my memory to
java -Xms1500m -Xmx1800m -jar lib\jaikoz.jar -l2 -m2 -f

The problem was that the submitter was editing the fvalues in /Applications/jaikoz but wass runing the copy of Jaikoz that was mounted as a seperate drive so his changes had no effect.

If you send me your support files I can check your chnages have been picked up by jaikoz when it starts

The original problem was on OSX, you are runing on WIndows XP but I think you have made a simailr mistake. I can see from the user log (and you can see yourself by looking at the first messages in the jaikoz console) that Jaikoz is still using the default maximimum of 300Mb of memory.

You have changed the Jaikoz.bat file, but are you running jaikoz.bat or jaikoz.exe. Only jaikoz.exe is on the Start Menu, and that has to be modified a different way.

YA I am running the .exe…I have no idea how to run the .bat version

Just open a Command Prompt and type Jaikoz.bat, alternatively follow the instructions for modifying the memory for the jaikoz.exe file

Hi, i am having the same problem. How to increase memory settings?

Please see http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/help/windows/help.html#MemoryManagement