SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Mavericks, the Jaikoz update and now I'm stuck

I recently upgraded to Mavericks and installed the latest update for Jaikoz 6.0.0. When I opened the new version there was a message that said something about preferences and a file that couldn’t be found that went all the way across the screen and beyond. So, I restarted the application and that worked fine until I ran a the command to update the filename based on metadata then update the folder name based on metadata. It kept freezing over and over. So, like a dummy, I decided to go back to the previous version. It worked but I got a message about preferences again and then it started to freeze on the notification of an update. After force quitting several times, and thinking this was a preferences problem, I went to my preferences folder and deleted two files. It still didn’t work so I reinstalled the update in hopes that it would overwrite the preferences etc. Now I get a notification saying that my license is being used on two other computers and that I need to buy a new one. That’s not true but now I can’t use my beloved Jaikoz.

Hi, I think the application just hasnt closed properly and got confused, can you try rebooting.

I deleted the Jaikoz folder from the preferences folder and that seemed to fix things. However, it is still hanging on “correct sub folders from metadata” and “correct filenames from metadata”. Whenever I do that, even on just a few files, I get the spinning beach ball of death and I have to force quit. This is a new issue that I didn’t have with the previous OS or the previous version of Jaikoz.

I’m still having issues with hanging on “correct sub folders from metadata” and “correct filenames from metadata” with today’s update.

I’ll have a look at this later today

Hi, did you send me a support file ?

Ive tried it out myself but have not encountered any problems locally. Im not sure that this is a problem with the Jaikoz version it maybe Mvericks. If you have time it may be worth reinstalling Jaikoz 5.6.0, see if that has the issue and then comparing with Jaikoz 6.1.0

Same problem… i cannot use since mavericks… please fix soon

Hi, the previous customer didn’t send me a support file, and because I do not encounter this issue myself there was not much I could do, so please send me your support files.

This problem MAY BE SOLVED in Jaikoz 6.0.6 released today.