SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Matched, Unmatched and Left-Behind?

I just ran a quick test, and most of the files were processed as expected.

In that test I specified “Move” folders for Matched and Unmatched, which were separate to my Source folder. But some files remained in the Source folder. This confuses me - I expected Matched/Unmatched to be a purely binary split, yet there was this further split (of files left behind in the Source folder). Some of these did have metadata.

What could the reason be?

I agree, I am not sure what the issue is could you please run Create Support Files so I can look at your report and then it should be clear to me what the reason is.

Ah yes I see it: Menu:[Help > Create support files]
I un-fixed (partly to experiment with that also) but will repeat what I did then Create those support files

In Tab:[Basic], I selected [For songs already fully matched]: [Ignore]
I wonder if that was the reason
In any case I will re-run and create diagnostic files as requested

OK I did re-run (result was same as before) and did Create support files (which seem to have uploaded themselves)

Hi, the last report I have is FixSongs00020 sent 40 minutes ago , and that had For songs already fully matched set to Ignore so would just ignore those songs, so if you have run subsequently rerun with that option unchecked please rerun Create Support Files so I can see latest report.

I have noticed another issue, your files all seem to be in a single folder, is this just because it is a test or how your whole collection is?

So now this makes SongKongs job much harder because it tries to match groups of songs to albums and the primary way of grouping them is by folder structure although failing that we use existing metadata. And Roon requires your albums to be in their own folder to get good results.

So if this is the case I would recommend using Jaikoz to ensure that filename metadata makes it way into the field metadata. Then with SongKong I would enable renaming with a suitable mask to put them in album folders, but because popular songs can be found on so many albums you may need to manually move around a few songs that have been identified but matched to right song but wrong album. Then would run SongKong again on the files, most of the unmatched files have actually been identified but SongKong couldn’t decide on the right album because of lack of existing folder metadata and folder structure

Aha, thank you Paul.
Yes everything is indeed flat in one single folder.
But the filenames are good.
So I will try going through those stages then.

(Power cut here btw - Storm Eunice over England atm
Now on batteries and phone-connection)

Great, we had a powercut here earlier in Bridport, Dorset but thankfully only lasted half hour.

Oh, right (I just assumed you were USA). Power back last night anyhow.