SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

"Manual Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz" seems to be broken

[Using “Jaikoz version 11.5.1 Pixies” and Windows 8.1.] When there is a mismatch with “Autocorrect Metadata from MusicBrainz Server”, this can be corrected by using “Manual Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz”. This manual correction functionality seems to be broken.

I use a test set of three audio files where “Autocorrect Metadata from MusicBrainz Server” results in a mismatch. (These files do not have any tags in them when I open them in Jaikoz before running Autocorrect.) After using “Autocorrect Metadata from MusicBrainz Server”, the Artist and/or the Title do not match with the Filename. See the image below.

In the first song (Haircut One Hundred), the Title is not correct. I select the sequence number of this song and start “Manual Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz”. Then a dialog box appears. In this dialog box, I select the second row with contains the correct Title. See the image below.

After that, I click on “OK” in the dialog box to confirm my choice of the second row. After that, I expect that the Title of this song will be corrected in the Edit panel, according to the selected row in the dialog box… but this does not happen. So the manual correction of tags from MusicBrainz does not work. For the two other songs, it does not work either.

I will send a support file that I created just after doing the above.

Hi, i looked at your logs files and there were no errors, I tested it myself and it worked okay so I don’t know what is going on here.

Could you retry test please.

I did the same test again, with the same results.

I will send the three audio files that I used in this test. Perhaps that using the exact same audio files that I used for testing, will make any difference when you test it.

Hi, I tried with your files and it works fine for me so I don’t really know why you are having an issue.

Is it only the Title field that doesn’t get updated or all modified fields ?

If only Title do you perhaps have it included in Preferences:Format:Never modify these fields?

Thanks for looking into this again. Your suggestion to look in “Preferences/MusicBrainz/Format” was completely on the mark. The “Title” field was in “Only modify these fields if empty”. This blocks, of course, any update or manual correction from MusicBrainz for fields that are not empty. I am sorry for my lack of careful thinking about the effect of this preference.

After removing “Title” from “Only modify these fields if empty”, “Manual Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz” works as expected for “Title”.

1 Like