SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Manual Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz does not always work

After running Auto Correct on some songs, I found a song with a wrong title. I want to manually correct this. To do this, I first select the song number on the left of the Edit Panel. After that, I choose “Manual Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz”. Then a table “Manual Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz” appears. See the image below.

In the second row of this table, there is a release with the right title. I click on the radio button in this row to select it. See the next image.

After that, I click on “OK” at the bottom this table, to correct the title of the song in the Edit Panel. But the title in the Edit Panel does not get corrected.

I tried a few times to manually correct an incorrect song title in this way. Sometimes this works as expected – sometimes nothing happens. What should I do if nothing happens? Is there an explanation why this sometimes fails?

Added later:
All three found wrong titles in a series of 135 songs, turned out to be uncorrectable with “Manual Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz”. (With all of those, I selected, to no avail, another row in the table with alternative matches and clicked on “OK”.) The one found wrong artist name in this series of songs, turned out to be correctable in this way.

When I deliberately change the title of a song in the Edit Panel to make it wrong, then “Manual Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz” always seems to work to correct that.

Well thats sounds like a bug, it should work and I did a quick test and it worked for me so may be tricky to find the cause.

I will try to replicate the problem with as few songs as possible. If that works, I can send everything involved in that to you, Paul.

1 Like

When I only load the three songs which couldn’t be manually corrected as discussed above (these songs do not have any initial metadata, and are unrelated, i.e. they do not belong to the same album) into Jaikoz, and then run Auto Correct with my current settings – then that results, for all three songs, in a mismatch, i.e. all three songs get a wrong title. In addition, all these three songs turn out to be uncorrectable with “Manual Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz”.

I am not really worried about the fact, that for a few songs, running Auto Correct results in such a mismatch – because I do not expect Jaikoz to produce 100% correct results. I consider a result of about 98% correct, as a fabulous result. However, not having the opportunity to manually rematch such mismatches, is a problem.

Paul, I will send you my support files for this problem. I hope you will be able to replicate the problem.