SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Major Java Memory Heap Issues

Wow… The previous version seems to have worked better. With this one, I’m getting all kinds of java heap memory errors.

I’m running Vista x64 and the 32 bit version of Java 6 Update 3. Not sure if you tested this but even with just a few hundred MP3’s loaded, when I go to save the changes, it blows up.

Here’s a sample of the error from the log file:

02/02/2008 21.18.33:com.jthink.jaikoz.TagSaver$WorkerThread:run:SEVERE: Unable to save record:RecNo:80 because:Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
02/02/2008 21.19.24:com.jthink.jaikoz.TagSaver$WorkerThread:run:SEVERE: Unable to save record:RecNo:79 because:Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Hi, sorry you are having problems but this version of jaikoz has been tested, and I have not had any memory problems as described. Im wondering if there is a problem with these specific files, are you still having these problems and do they only occur when saving changes. Could you please send me the full log files.

Is anybody else having similar problems to this ?

Hi, Paul,

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that it's on a network share (which is not the norm for iTunes users).  I have my iTunes library stored on a Linux box with a Samba share to my Vista box.

I'm testing again with the latest version that came out last night (I'll delete the logs and start over if it doesn't work.)  I can also do one of two things:  1)  I can copy the itunes library back to a local drive and re-run the test.  2)  I can run the Linux version in-place on the library, but that doesn't interface with iTunes, obviously so -- I'm wondering what I'd need to do in iTunes so that I don't lose my playlists and such.  Usually when some external program mucks with the iTunes stuff too much, iTunes goes nuts and I basically have to clear everything and rebuild it all.  (not fun)

Thanks…