SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Lyrics What Other Sources since Jaikoz is not working?

Hi. I love this program but need to update the lyrics on my mp3s.

It sounds like there is no solution for Lyrics in Jaikoz ( correct me if I am wrong ).

So my question is, what is a good WORKING program that will look up Lyrics and insert them into MP3 songs? I tried a few and non worked so far.

Joseph

This interests me too.

Replying to my own question.

After trying several programs that claim to work but did not with with respect to inserting Lyrics unto the mp3 files, this one works:

Mediamonkey

The free version works just fine and it was able to lookup Lyrics and insert them into the MP3 files automatically.

The free version does NOT have a batch mode allowing you to do mass updates however. The paid version DOES allow batch mass Lyrics updates.

My question and suggestion to Paul: I rather pay $24 to have this feature available in Jaikoz as an added payment rather than paying $24 to MediaMonkey.

Paul, since MediaMonkey has this feature, are you be able to add it to Jaikoz?

Please let us know soon as I rather pay Jaikoz than Mediamonkey and not have to switch programs to update different tags.

Is that included as part of the default Media Monkey installation then, I can have a look at it.

Yes. Not only it’s included, but the Free Media Monkey version works perfectly.

The only difference between the free version and the paid version, is that with the free version you have to click to update the lyrics.

The paid version is automatic by using a free plug-in that samples music. I have it sampling every 5 seconds so that it will go through my entire music collection updating not only the Lyrics automatically, but also Album art.

You can download the free version and verify it yourself.

Hi.

Any update if Lyrics will be turned back on in Jaikoz using the same free service MediaMokey uses?

Joseph

No, give me a chance

The lyrics plugin for the beets tagger also does this:

http://beets.readthedocs.org/en/latest/plugins/lyrics.html

It seems to work well. It’s open source code so it might be easier to determine what it’s doing and replicate it in Jaikoz.

Okay Ive checked this out but there is still only one legal and reliable way to get Lyrics, and that is via a Musixmatch license - currently this is too expensive for me.

I think the approach I have to take is to get on with providing a plugin API for Jaikoz then anyone can write something to get data form another source and add it to files loaded in Jaikoz.

How is it that the beet plugin does it then? As the documentation I posted states they Lyric Wiki, Lyrics.com, and Musixmatch. I’ve used this plugin many times and I didn’t pay a dime for it, and as far as I know neither did they.

Couldn’t you at least provide the functionality dependent on the user entering their own API keys or other authentication information?

For the beets plugin I registered as a developer on the Google Developer site and got an API key. This is the primary method for retrieving lyrics and includes the other sources except for Musixmatch.

I suspect that most people wouldn’t mind getting an API key and plugging it in themselves in the preferences.

The difference is that beets are not selling a product its just a guy sharing some code

So I guess that means it can’t happen at all? Even with a user supplied API key? You’d think that would put the legal responsibility on the user.

If I create a plugin api then you can do what you want

Yeah, a plugin API is great idea.

Can’t wait to see that sir!

Yes that will be useful.

Any idea on a time frame for the API?

Not really