SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Lyrics not showing up on my iPOD

I just updated to Jaikoz 3.3.4. After that I tagged some albums and noticed that those lyrics are not showing up on my iPOD - there is only the title of the song (and blank lyrics). First I thought it is an issue of (wrong) ID3 tag version and/or character encoding, however I have not change a thing on Jaikoz preferences.

eyeD3 seems to be showing its all okay.

So i guess the problem is your iPod is updated from iTunes and iTunes isn’t aware of these changes, have a look at the file in iTunes,.

[quote=paultaylor]eyeD3 seems to be showing its all okay.

So i guess the problem is your iPod is updated from iTunes and iTunes isn’t aware of these changes, have a look at the file in iTunes,.[/quote]

I’m using Linux and GTKPod only for updating my iPod. However, another iPod is sometimes connected and updated manually from iTunes (Windows partition) on the same machine and using the same repository. I guess this might have caused the problem.

After restoring my iPod and still failing to show lyrics on recently tagged files, I ended up go through Jaikoz preferences. I checked option ‘Do not unsynchronise ID3 tags’ on Save / iTunes compatibility tab, then resaved files. After uploading files back to iPod lyrics are shown again :smiley: