SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Lots of java.lang.NullPointerException

I have been a very happy user of Jaikoz for several years, it is really the best tagging tool I ever saw!

I decided to try to clean up my whole library at once about 25k. I know i have separated albums and some song were not associated with the right MB id.

What I did is i loaded all my song and run the Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz with the option MusicBrainz/AutoMatch/Do not match online if already have a MusicBrainz Id UNCHECK

It went well for a while when i came back about 9 hours later it was at 10k / 25k and I realized it got sooo slow, with cpu use almost nothing. The jaikoz console didn’t say anything. To match one grouping it could take minutes… I opened the osX console and a bunch of null exception and sql were thrown… I don’t know what can cause this, but I think it is slowing down jaikoz no?

Any suggestion?

Please send me your support files (Advanced/Create Support Files) so I investigate these errors.

Ok I sent you the file.

I manage to run the Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz without a problem last night.

You ca At line 18 of jaikozuser0-0.log I started jaikoz again and this time i setup the heap and permem to 4090m. And I proceeded to do a bunch of local correct I saved, quit jaikoz and Reloaded the same song and then only did the task correct metadat from musicbrainz (line 2479), beside some warning of discog everything went well.

Now the differences between the previous “session” are first the memory i use 3000m for heap and perm mem the first time (note that i never receive an out of mem error) and that i did the local and remote correct in one step instead of 2 the second time.

I am pretty that what was slowning down the first time was an exception that was continouily trigered…

To help you more the first session i am talking about, the one it was really slow, start in the file jaikozuser0-0.log at line 24263 (“Jul 17, 2011 4:06:37 AM: INFO:”)

I tryied to save at one point and it produced those error starting line 28432 of the 0-0 user log: Jul 17, 2011 11:44:33 PM: SEVERE: Unable to save song 856 with filename 06 Out of Control.m4a because of the following error: class java.lang.NullPointerException

You can see some of the occurence of the exception in de debug log the 0-9, 0-8

The first session in the debug file are ending in the 0-8 debug log at line 31324 17/07/2011 23.49.45:com.jthink.jaikoz.layout.MainFrame:shutdownJaikoz:WARNING: Jaikoz has exited successfully
And the second session start after.

I am making the distinction between the 2 session because I have 2 problem. Well I had one and now it resolved it self (don’t know how) but got a diffrent one.

Ok the first session it was really slow and here an example of the exceptions:

17/07/2011 23.44.02:com.jthink.jaikoz.data.ArtworkCache:readImageDataFromDatabase:WARNING: Failed to add Artwork because Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!
java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!
\tat com.mchange.v2.sql.SqlUtils.toSQLException(SqlUtils.java:106)
\tat com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutPooledConnection(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:529)
\tat com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.getConnection(AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.java:128)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db.createConnection(Db.java:421)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db.runQuery(Db.java:486)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.ArtworkCache.readImageDataFromDatabase(ArtworkCache.java:179)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.celldata.Buffered.getFullsizeImageData(Buffered.java:361)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.celldata.ImageData.getImageBackingData(ImageData.java:878)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.id3.MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.updateAPICFrame(MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.java:626)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.id3.MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.updateMultiFrameDataFromCell(MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.java:681)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.id3.MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.changedMultipleAllowedCell(MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.java:301)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.id3.MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.updateMp3Id3v2FrameFromWrapper(MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.java:457)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.id3.MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.updateMp3Id3v2TagFromChangedWrapper(MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.java:916)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.id3.MP3Bridge.saveFileOnlyFromID3(MP3Bridge.java:339)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.id3.MP3Bridge.saveFileFromModel(MP3Bridge.java:241)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.FileBridgeFactory.saveFileFromModel(FileBridgeFactory.java:187)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.TagSaver$WorkerThread.run(TagSaver.java:628)
Caused by: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.CannotAcquireResourceException: A ResourcePool could not acquire a resource from its primary factory or source.
\tat com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.awaitAvailable(BasicResourcePool.java:1319)
\tat com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.prelimCheckoutResource(BasicResourcePool.java:557)
\tat com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.checkoutResource(BasicResourcePool.java:477)
\tat com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutPooledConnection(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:525)
\t... 15 more
17/07/2011 23.44.02:com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db:printSQLException:SEVERE: Err:Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!:ErrCode:0:State:null
17/07/2011 23.44.02:com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db:printSQLException:SEVERE: Err:Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!:ErrCode:0:State:null:Sql:SELECT image FROM artwork WHERE md5='cIKcKnrnO/QkWOzSjnSp+w=='
17/07/2011 23.44.02:com.jthink.jaikoz.data.ArtworkCache:readImageDataFromDatabase:WARNING: Failed to add Artwork because Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!
java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!
\tat com.mchange.v2.sql.SqlUtils.toSQLException(SqlUtils.java:106)
\tat com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutPooledConnection(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:529)
\tat com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.getConnection(AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.java:128)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db.createConnection(Db.java:421)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db.runQuery(Db.java:486)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.ArtworkCache.readImageDataFromDatabase(ArtworkCache.java:179)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.celldata.Buffered.getFullsizeImageData(Buffered.java:361)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.celldata.ImageData.getImageBackingData(ImageData.java:878)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.id3.MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.updateAPICFrame(MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.java:626)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.id3.MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.updateMultiFrameDataFromCell(MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.java:681)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.id3.MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.changedMultipleAllowedCell(MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.java:301)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.id3.MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.updateMp3Id3v2FrameFromWrapper(MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.java:457)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.id3.MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.updateMp3Id3v2TagFromChangedWrapper(MP3ID3ChangedWrapper.java:916)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.id3.MP3Bridge.saveFileOnlyFromID3(MP3Bridge.java:339)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.id3.MP3Bridge.saveFileFromModel(MP3Bridge.java:241)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.FileBridgeFactory.saveFileFromModel(FileBridgeFactory.java:187)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.TagSaver$WorkerThread.run(TagSaver.java:628)
Caused by: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.CannotAcquireResourceException: A ResourcePool could not acquire a resource from its primary factory or source.
\tat com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.awaitAvailable(BasicResourcePool.java:1319)
\tat com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.prelimCheckoutResource(BasicResourcePool.java:557)
\tat com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.checkoutResource(BasicResourcePool.java:477)
\tat com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutPooledConnection(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:525)
\t... 15 more

And in the second session where i managed to correct the metadata from musicbrainz. It didn’t want to save some file saying it idn’t have the permission but I set the permission via the finder to 777 (all permission). Those file are on a afp mounted volume.
During the second session some exception where thrown during the task Correct metadata from musicbrainz

com.jthink.jaikoz.exception.InvalidMusicBrainzQueryException: The query is far too long (8,167 characters), please check that your fields contain valid data
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.musicbrainzhelper.MusicBrainzServerQuery.doQuery(MusicBrainzServerQuery.java:261)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.musicbrainzhelper.MusicBrainzServerQuery.performQuery(MusicBrainzServerQuery.java:194)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.musicbrainzhelper.MusicBrainzRESTQuery.queryMusicBrainzForReleasesWithNameAndArtistAndPuids(MusicBrainzRESTQuery.java:1114)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.musicbrainzhelper.MusicBrainzRESTQuery.releaseByArtistAndRelease(MusicBrainzRESTQuery.java:1338)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.musicbrainzhelper.MusicBrainzRESTQuery.queryForCandidateReleases(MusicBrainzRESTQuery.java:1630)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.CorrectFromMusicBrainzWorker.call(CorrectFromMusicBrainzWorker.java:203)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.CorrectFromMusicBrainzWorker.call(CorrectFromMusicBrainzWorker.java:33)
\tat java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
\tat java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
\tat java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
\tat java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
\tat java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
\tat java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
\tat java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
\tat java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

And during the save some more exception were thrown

18/07/2011 13.42.53:org.jaudiotagger.tag.id3.AbstractID3v2Tag:adjustPadding:SEVERE: Invalid argument
java.io.IOException: Invalid argument
\tat java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
\tat java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1704)
\tat java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1792)
\tat org.jaudiotagger.tag.id3.AbstractID3v2Tag.adjustPadding(AbstractID3v2Tag.java:1139)
\tat org.jaudiotagger.tag.id3.AbstractID3v2Tag.writeBufferToFile(AbstractID3v2Tag.java:1286)
\tat org.jaudiotagger.tag.id3.ID3v24Tag.write(ID3v24Tag.java:1089)
\tat org.jaudiotagger.audio.mp3.MP3File.save(MP3File.java:806)
\tat org.jaudiotagger.audio.mp3.MP3File.save(MP3File.java:719)
\tat org.jaudiotagger.audio.mp3.MP3File.commit(MP3File.java:731)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.LibBridge.saveFileOnly(LibBridge.java:638)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.LibBridge.saveDataToFile(LibBridge.java:216)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.LibBridge.saveFile(LibBridge.java:328)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.FileBridgeFactory.saveFile(FileBridgeFactory.java:211)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.SaveChangesAnalyser.saveSong(SaveChangesAnalyser.java:101)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.SaveChangesAnalyser.runFromAutoCorrecter(SaveChangesAnalyser.java:67)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.AnalyserFactory.runAnalyser(AnalyserFactory.java:167)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.AutoCorrecter.run(AutoCorrecter.java:201)
18/07/2011 13.42.54:org.jaudiotagger.tag.id3.AbstractID3v2Tag:adjustPadding:SEVERE: Cannot modify 2-08 Il dissoluto punito, ossia il Don Giovanni, K. 527_ Act I, Scenes XVI-XIX. No. 13 Finale _Bisogna aver coraggio_ _ Act I, Scene XIX. No. 13 Finale _Protegga il giusto cielo_ (Donna Anna, Donna Elvira, Don Ottavio, Leporello, Don Giovanni).mp3 because do not have permissions to create files in the folder /Volumes/Multimedia/_FlowMusic/Music/Compilations/Complete Mozart Edition, Volume 41_ Don Giovanni (disc 2)
18/07/2011 13.42.54:org.jaudiotagger.audio.mp3.MP3File:save:SEVERE: Cannot make changes to file 2-08 Il dissoluto punito, ossia il Don Giovanni, K. 527_ Act I, Scenes XVI-XIX. No. 13 Finale _Bisogna aver coraggio_ _ Act I, Scene XIX. No. 13 Finale _Protegga il giusto cielo_ (Donna Anna, Donna Elvira, Don Ottavio, Leporello, Don Giovanni).mp3 because Cannot modify 2-08 Il dissoluto punito, ossia il Don Giovanni, K. 527_ Act I, Scenes XVI-XIX. No. 13 Finale _Bisogna aver coraggio_ _ Act I, Scene XIX. No. 13 Finale _Protegga il giusto cielo_ (Donna Anna, Donna Elvira, Don Ottavio, Leporello, Don Giovanni).mp3 because do not have permissions to create files in the folder /Volumes/Multimedia/_FlowMusic/Music/Compilations/Complete Mozart Edition, Volume 41_ Don Giovanni (disc 2)
org.jaudiotagger.audio.exceptions.UnableToCreateFileException: Cannot modify 2-08 Il dissoluto punito, ossia il Don Giovanni, K. 527_ Act I, Scenes XVI-XIX. No. 13 Finale _Bisogna aver coraggio_ _ Act I, Scene XIX. No. 13 Finale _Protegga il giusto cielo_ (Donna Anna, Donna Elvira, Don Ottavio, Leporello, Don Giovanni).mp3 because do not have permissions to create files in the folder /Volumes/Multimedia/_FlowMusic/Music/Compilations/Complete Mozart Edition, Volume 41_ Don Giovanni (disc 2)
\tat org.jaudiotagger.tag.id3.AbstractID3v2Tag.adjustPadding(AbstractID3v2Tag.java:1154)
\tat org.jaudiotagger.tag.id3.AbstractID3v2Tag.writeBufferToFile(AbstractID3v2Tag.java:1286)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.data.FileBridgeFactory.saveFile(FileBridgeFactory.java:211)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.SaveChangesAnalyser.saveSong(SaveChangesAnalyser.java:101)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.SaveChangesAnalyser.runFromAutoCorrecter(SaveChangesAnalyser.java:67)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.AnalyserFactory.runAnalyser(AnalyserFactory.java:167)
18/07/2011 13.42.54:org.jaudiotagger.tag.id3.AbstractID3v2Tag:adjustPadding:SEVERE: Invalid argument
java.io.IOException: Invalid argument
\tat java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
\tat java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1704)
\tat java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1792)
\tat org.jaudiotagger.tag.id3.AbstractID3v2Tag.adjustPadding(AbstractID3v2Tag.java:1139)
18/07/2011 13.42.54:org.jaudiotagger.tag.id3.AbstractID3v2Tag:adjustPadding:SEVERE: Cannot modify 2-10 Il dissoluto punito, ossia il Don Giovanni, K. 527_ Act I, Scene XX. No. 13 Finale _Venite, pur avanti_ _ Act I, Scene XX. No. 13 Finale Minuetto _Da bravi, via, ballate!_ (Donna Anna, Donna Elvira, Don Ottavio, Leporello, Masetto, Zerlina, Don.mp3 because do not have permissions to create files in the folder /Volumes/Multimedia/_FlowMusic/Music/Compilations/Complete Mozart Edition, Volume 41_ Don Giovanni (disc 2)
18/07/2011 13.42.54:org.jaudiotagger.audio.mp3.MP3File:save:SEVERE: Cannot make changes to file 2-10 Il dissoluto punito, ossia il Don Giovanni, K. 527_ Act I, Scene XX. No. 13 Finale _Venite, pur avanti_ _ Act I, Scene XX. No. 13 Finale Minuetto _Da bravi, via, ballate!_ (Donna Anna, Donna Elvira, Don Ottavio, Leporello, Masetto, Zerlina, Don.mp3 because Cannot modify 2-10 Il dissoluto punito, ossia il Don Giovanni, K. 527_ Act I, Scene XX. No. 13 Finale _Venite, pur avanti_ _ Act I, Scene XX. No. 13 Finale Minuetto _Da bravi, via, ballate!_ (Donna Anna, Donna Elvira, Don Ottavio, Leporello, Masetto, Zerlina, Don.mp3 because do not have permissions to create files in the folder /Volumes/Multimedia/_FlowMusic/Music/Compilations/Complete Mozart Edition, Volume 41_ Don Giovanni (disc 2)
org.jaudiotagger.audio.exceptions.UnableToCreateFileException: Cannot modify 2-10 Il dissoluto punito, ossia il Don Giovanni, K. 527_ Act I, Scene XX. No. 13 Finale _Venite, pur avanti_ _ Act I, Scene XX. No. 13 Finale Minuetto _Da bravi, via, ballate!_ (Donna Anna, Donna Elvira, Don Ottavio, Leporello, Masetto, Zerlina, Don.mp3 because do not have permissions to create files in the folder /Volumes/Multimedia/_FlowMusic/Music/Compilations/Complete Mozart Edition, Volume 41_ Don Giovanni (disc 2)
\tat org.jaudiotagger.tag.id3.AbstractID3v2Tag.adjustPadding(AbstractID3v2Tag.java:1154)

Those exception during the save are actually song I am trying to regroup. And I actually discover then where separated investigating why it could save them.

I really hope all of this will help you help me!

thanks again for every thing!

Mani

Hi Mani

I think the SQLExceptions occurred either because of a memory issue, or becase somewhere Im not releasing connections and it ran out of SQL connections I shall do some checking.

The error about being tooo long to put into the database is a known problem, and doesnt prevent anything working in Jaikoz.

The permissions problem when saving seesm to indicate an issue with creating files in the directory, did you set full permissions for the containing folder or just the file itself ?

Then there seems to be another problem indicating that files can not be locked for access on your filesystem, can you give me some more info on the fileysystem and where it is mounted from.

Hi,

what do you mean it does not prevent anything? It doesn’t prevent retreiving data from Musicbrainz?

I did it on two album folder and the root of my music folder, both times i applyied it to the enclosed items.

My music is located on a Qnap NAS in with 4 disk in RAID 5 and the filesystem is EXT4. I mount the folder using afp.

I hope this help thanks for everything

Mani

[quote=monamimani]Hi,

what do you mean it does not prevent anything? It doesn’t prevent retreiving data from Musicbrainz?
[/quote]
No it doesnt it just prevents caching of this information, it can still be looked up and used.

[quote]

My music is located on a Qnap NAS in with 4 disk in RAID 5 and the filesystem is EXT4. I mount the folder using afp.

I hope this help thanks for everything

Mani[/quote]

EXT4 is a linux based filesystem, shouldn’t AFP only be used for mounting native mac filesystem, I think it will okay if you mount it using NFS instead.

ok good,

Good luck finding the the SQLExceptions, about the EXT4 file system.

The filesystem and the communication protocole are 2 different thing. Like my mac have a HFS filesystem and can communicate through afp and samba. The Nas as a linux operating system and even though the disk is EXT4, the system can communicate through samba, afp or nfs. Maybe there is a problem with the implementation on the nas side, or on the jaikoz side.

The thing is i am not sure what you mean by locking for access. Is that why it didn’t want to save some file?

I understand the difference between the fileysystem and the comms protocol but which comms protocol you use has an effect, so I’m suggesting you try NFS instead and see if it solves the issue, I think there is a good chance it will. Filesystems are quite opaque objects from a java perspective, and there is a limited amount I can do on the java side.

File are locked to ensure that when changes are written to them, another program doesnt try to write to them at the same time. How files are actually locked varies for different filesystems, and different filesystems have different means to indicate when a file cannot be locked.

I did some small research and i found this link:

So it seams you can’t lock a file unless it is using samba protocol.

Does it make sense to you?

Yeah I think so thanks, but it would be really useful if you could try using the different file protocols and find out which one works for you.

Hi Paul sorry that it took me so long.

I connected the share volume through NFS and it still did the same thing, it said i didn’t had the permission.

I’ll send you the support files.

any other suggestion?

Thanks alot

Mani

p.s. I updated and i am now on 4.2.1

There is something else going, I copyied all the file (I know that most of the file causing me problem are Mozart file) on my hard drive and I still get the same errors.

I’ll send you the first file for you to inspect.

thanks again