SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Local Correct - Correct Genre: Genre_Replacer

I try to replace some words in Genre.
So I created under Manipulators -> Word Replacer a new Replacer called Genre_Replacer (see Word_Replacer.png). Then in Local Correct -> Auto Format I changed “Replace words by another word” from “Replacer 1” to “Genre_Replacer”.

Then, when I use Action -> Local Correct -> Correct Genres nothing is changed in the genre column. In this case it should change “Rock and Roll” to “Rock & Roll” or “R B” to “R&B”

Am I doin’ something wrong? :cry:

The problem is that it is a Word Replacer ,and ’ R B’ is not a word it is two words. Jaikoz splits he text into words seperated by word boundaries such as ’ ’ and then changes any words in column A into column B.

If we didn’t match on whole words only you could have a match on ‘Rock’ changing words such as ‘Rocky’, which you wopuldn’t want.

You could achieve what you want by using the Find & Replace function

I have this same issue. It would be nice if I could have Jaikoz always change ‘rap and hip-hop’ to ‘Hip-Hop/Rap’.

Can we make this a feature request?

I think it would be fine to make it more readable for player. Your variant is better to do hiphop;rap … or jaikoz do this with genre and 2 in front of genre field.

Some players can read it like 2 genres separately and you can filter it easy, like musicbee for example.