SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

"Loading Files From Filesystem" - Dialog Box Not Dismissing

Running El Capitan on OSX, but always had this problem.

When I drag a folder of tunes into Jaikoz I get a dialogue box that says

“Loading Files from Filesystem”

That is just fine with me. The problem is that the dialogue box does not go away. So I have to click on it and drag it off to the side in order to work on my files. This is a real inconvenience. I posted about this a few months ago - the only responses were people saying that they had the same problem. Can you please fix this bug as it is a huge time suck, relatively, and a real pain to be unable to work on files without dismissing this dialogue box.

I hope someone from Jaikoz would consider replying to this message. Thank you.

I am out of the office at the moment at the Hi-end Munich show but when I get back I will see if I can replicate this issue on my Mac.

Thank you for your response. I can send/post whatever system information that you need. This problem has persisted throughout several different OSs, and exists on both an iMac and a MB Pro.

When I posted about this problem previously, another member of the forum confirmed having the same problem.

Hello - Have you had an opportunity to run this bug down? It is pretty irritating. Let me know if you need any information from me. Thanks.

Not yet, but the way round it to is to use jut the Open Folder dialog instead of dragging form iTunes.

I am dragging from within Pathfinder and/or Finder, not iTunes. I have the automatically load into iTunes option turned off as it causes Jaikoz to hang and crash.

Okay I have tried it and the delay is never more than a few seconds, what version of OSX are you on.

Hmm, that is the same version I tested.

Paul, I’ve had this problem over multiple OSX versions and when posting about the problem previously, had another member of the forum echo my concern. Is there some sort of error report I can generate and send to you? I don’t know how to do that, but it is an amazingly irritating problem and I would really like to get it fixed. Happy to do what it takes for you to run down this bug. Thanks.

Hi, you could email me your support files (Advanced:Create Support Files) , it may show an error.

Of course you can just use File:Open Folder:Open Files within Jaikoz itself but I suppose you dont want to do that.

[quote=paultaylor]Hi, you could email me your support files (Advanced:Create Support Files) , it may show an error.

Of course you can just use File:Open Folder:Open Files within Jaikoz itself but I suppose you dont want to do that.[/quote]

That’s right. Thank you. But I did email you the support files.