SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Latest SongKong version not recognizing 2-year renewal

After paying for a 2 year license I downloaded the latest version of Stumpworks for Windows. After a couple of restarts the program is still in lite mode. How do I get it to run in the proper mode?
Thanks

Should be fine if you have origjnal license installed, if you go to File:Update License does it show your license or just a lite licence ?

It does show two licenses under File>Update License, but indicates a “lite” license on the program header.

Does it have youe email address in the email field ?

It has a SongKong provided email address, “@songkonglite.com.”

Okay thats a Lite license, you just need to re-enter your original license details.

I don’t know where I would have the original license details, that was overwritten when I installed the latest revision. My purchase ID is 198860915, for today/yesterday renewal.

If you look me up, you will see that I have been a subscriber for 2 years. Given that I’ve never had a problem with renewing my license or updating the software version, I have been lax in saving every bit of documentation. Guess I have to wonder why this issue even came up.

I will find your license for you, don’t know why license has got lost on upgrade.

License details sent by email.