SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Known Problems FAQ

There are a few gotchas in Jaikoz that have not been fully resolved yet, if you are hitting a problem please take a look at this FAQ first.

1. I’ve just upgraded Jaikoz and now getting "Unable to Start Jaikoz: ‘java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Table/View ‘ARTWORK’ does not exist’ or ‘java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Table/View ‘PUID’ does not exist’

Sometimes when upgrading from an older version of Jaikoz to a new version with a different database the database doesn’t get updated correctly. If you hit this problem you just need to remove the database (the database is only there for performance/caching reasons it doesnt store anything information not held in the songs themselves or available from the Musicbrainz webservice).

OSX Lion and Later
From Finder, hold down Option Button and select Go menu
Select Library from the list
Preferences : Jaikoz
Delete jaikozdb
Start Jaikoz

OSX Earlier than Lion
Go to Home : Library : Preferences : Jaikoz
Delete jaikozdb
Start Jaikoz

Windows Vista
Go to C:\Users\username\Jaikoz
Delete jaikozdb
Start Jaikoz

Linux
Go to $HOME/.jaikoz/Prefs
Delete jaikozdb
Start Jaikoz

2. Ive upgraded Jaikoz and Im having problem loading files that I could be loaded before"

Close all files , then run Advanced/Empty Cache that will resolve the problem.

3. I’ve tried to start Jaikoz and it is complaining ‘Jaikoz is already running, you cannot run another copy of Jaikoz on the same computer’ and will not start.

You may have a copy of Jaikoz still running in the background and not shutdown properly, please checl this using your Activity Monitor and stop the task if running.

OSX
Start Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor
Look for a process called Jaikoz, select it and then ‘Quit Process’

Windows
Press Cntl-Alt-Del at the same time
Select Start task Manager from the menu
Select the applications tab
Look for a task called Jaikoz and select ‘End task’

Linux
Start Terminsl
ps -ef|grep jaikoz
Find the correct command from the list and note its pid (the number in the first column)
kill -9 pid

Otherwise Jaikoz cannot start because of a old database lock that has not been removed, in which case remove the database as described in <1>

4. Im getting “Settings.jai is corrupted”
If your user settings get corrupted you need to delete them and then they will be automatically replaced by Jaikoz with a clean version.
OSX
Go to Home : Library : Preferences : Jaikoz
Delete settings.jai
Start Jaikoz

Windows Vista
Go to C:\Users\username\Jaikoz
Delete settings.jai
Start Jaikoz

Linux
Go to $HOME/.jaikoz/Prefs
Delete settings.jai
Start Jaikoz

5. Jaikoz is running really slow on my Mac, much slower than the PC Version

Performance is normally the same on both but Jaikoz doesn’t perform very well if you have Universal Access /Enable access for assistive devices enabled on a Mac, so please disable it when using Jaikoz.

6. Installation on PC fails with NullPointerException

This can during install when don’t have permission to write to installation folder, ensure you are installing Jaikoz using an Administrator account.

7. Unable to find Java when installing Jaikoz on Windows 7 64 bit

If you have only installed Java 64bit add

[quote=paultaylor]There are a few gotchas in Jaikoz that have not been fully resolved yet, if you are hitting a problem please take a look at this FAQ first.

1. I’ve just upgraded Jaikoz and now getting ‘java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Table/View ‘PUID’ does not exist’

Sometimes when upgrading from an older version of Jaikoz to a new version with a different database the database doesn’t get updated correctly. If you hit this problem you just need to remove the database (the database is only there for performance/caching reasons it doesnt store anything information not held in the songs themselves or available from the Musicbrainz webservice).[/quote]

Hello - I am a brand new user - Win7 x64
I have installed but cannot run the program and I get the Table/View error above
I have already battled through the rubbish 1clickdownloader and the need to install an older version of Java (32bit no doubt) to satisfy the program and it still doesn’t work. Suffice to say I won’t be buying it at this rate
If you have a suggestion I would be glad to try it

AFAIK this error only occurs if you have installed Jaikoz over a very old version of Jaikoz, not if you have never installed Jaikoz. I really know what you mean about ‘the rubbish 1clickdownloader’ , but the solution to this problem is described in issue 1, simply a case of deleting the database folder.

I have no files at C:\Users\\Jaikoz on Win7 X64

Where else would the database file be or what else might be the problem

This folder might be hidden under in Windows Explorer, you can unhide by enabling View/Hidden Files and Folders/Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows Explorer or using the Command Prompt and DOS instead.