SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

JVM compability issue

I did some testing with industrial JVMs and am pleased to conclude that Jaikoz works pretty well.

I noticed one problem:
The JRockit JVM ran rock solid - both from commandline with the .bat-file and running with “java -jar jakioz.jar”. But by some reason the “.exe” file doesn’t seem to like it (same .lax.file). Does the .exe file use other params? Some non-standard perhaps?

//N

That is interesting I havent used JRockit myself, is it giving performance improvements over the standard SUN JVM.

[quote=Tallest] But by some reason the “.exe” file doesn’t seem to like it (same .lax.file). Does the .exe file use other params? Some non-standard perhaps?
//N[/quote]
The exe file is created by InstallAnywhere Now!, I have no idea how that works, only the exe actually uses the lax file it is not used by the batch file - is this any help.

Have you got a stacktrace you get send ?

I found this post on bea.com which explains the problem. InstallAnywhere assumes a non standardized path structure.

[quote]If you are using JRockit as your primary JVM (i.e., JRockit is the only JVM installed OR JRockit appears before the Sun JVM in the PATH environment variable), the Workshop Studio installer will fail with the error message:

"Can’t launch executable.
Could not load jvm.dll

Try re-installing the Java VM or change the Java VM used by the application"

To resolve this error, create a new folder /jre/bin/client and in this folder make a duplicate copy of the contents of the folder /jre/bin/jrockit . Then run the Workshop Studio installer again.[/quote]

Not your problem to solve…

Thanks for a great program!