SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

java.sql.SQL.Exception: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

Fixed, 4.5.5. now available.

Installed 1.6 32bit to install jaikoz. I will hold off uninstalling it for now incase the next release requires it to install or upgrade. I just started it up and noticed the same thing. If i stay within the base folder and only single click an album that is already at that level, it will load.

For me, not only double clicking on a folder breaks it, but using the up arrow next to the look in drop down will also break it.

Wow that was quick! Downloading and trying it now :slight_smile:

Just installed it and folders are loading nice and smoothly. Was able to load both folder within and outside of base as well as groups of folders using the ctrl or shift keys.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

I’ve just installed 4.5.6 on a Win7 64bit Home premium installation and getting this error when I launch the desktop short cut.

I had the 32bit java install already.

java version "1.6.0_29"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_29-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.4-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

I followed by installing the 64bit version of java, after the initial loading failure.

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_30-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.5-b03, mixed mode)

I’ve uninstalled Jaikoz and re-installed this, and the below is the contents of the logfile created. Also it is leaving a jaikos.exe *32 process running which I have to end manually.

04/02/2012 05.07.07:com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db:printSQLException:SEVERE: Err:Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!:ErrCode:0:State:null
04/02/2012 05.07.07:com.jthink.jaikoz.MainWindow:setupWindow:SEVERE: java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db.emptyCache(Db.java:702)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db.emptyAndPruneCache(Db.java:616)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.MainWindow.setupFirstTimeOrUpgrade(MainWindow.java:398)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.MainWindow.setupWindow(MainWindow.java:277)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.Start.main(Start.java:117)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!
\tat com.mchange.v2.sql.SqlUtils.toSQLException(SqlUtils.java:106)
\tat com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutPooledConnection(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:529)
\tat com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.getConnection(AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.java:128)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db.createConnection(Db.java:403)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db.emptyCache(Db.java:681)
\t... 4 more
Caused by: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.CannotAcquireResourceException: A ResourcePool could not acquire a resource from its primary factory or source.
\tat com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.awaitAvailable(BasicResourcePool.java:1319)
\tat com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.prelimCheckoutResource(BasicResourcePool.java:557)
\tat com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.checkoutResource(BasicResourcePool.java:477)
\tat com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutPooledConnection(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:525)
\t... 7 more

Thanks for the help, this the is the first time I have used this in windows.

I’ve just run the jaikos.bat from cmd.exe and below is an extract of the beginning, I notice if I ^C from the batch script the process does hang up correctly. The splash is also displayed when launching from the .bat

Feb 04, 2012 5:34:12 AM com.jthink.jaikoz.settings.LAF setLAF
INFO: Now LAF subvals are0:JAVA_1_6:Metal
Feb 04, 2012 5:34:12 AM com.jthink.jaikoz.settings.LAF setLAF
INFO: LAF is:26
debuglogfile is:C:\\Users\\super12v/Jaikoz/Logs/jaikozdebug%u-%g.log
Sat Feb 04 05:34:14 GMT 2012 Thread[main,5,main] java.io.FileNotFoundException:
derby.log (Access is denied)
Sat Feb 04 05:34:14 GMT 2012 Thread[com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#3,5,main] Cleanup action starting
java.sql.SQLException: Database 'C:\\Users\\super12v\\Jaikoz/jaikozdb' not found.
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLException(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleDBNotFound(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection40.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver40.getNewEmbedConnection(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
        at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnection(DriverManagerDataSource.java:134)
        at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:182)
        at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:171)
        at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool$1PooledConnectionResourcePoolManager.acquireResource(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:137)
        at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.doAcquire(BasicResourcePool.java:1014)
        at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.access$800(BasicResourcePool.java:32)
        at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask.run(BasicResourcePool.java:1810)
        at com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread.run(ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.java:547)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Database 'C:\\Users\\super12v\\Jaikoz/jaikozdb' not found.
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown Source)
        ... 20 more

Have you tried just leaving it alone for 10 minutes, it can take a while on first startup to setup the database.

Hi Paul,

I just relaunched it now and the same error occurs (see attached), do you want the process left running for 10 minutes? if so I will do so.

just relaunched and the same error :frowning:

Hmm. in trying to fix one thing I seem to have broken Jaikoz for brand new installations, I’ll get a fixed release out soon.

Yep, seeing the same error on OS X Lion 10.7.3

Can’t get it to start, tried reinstalling, etc…

Please try Jaikoz 4.5.7, now available.

Yep, working now!

Thanks!

Spot on, all working now :slight_smile:

Where did you find 4.5.7? It says 4.5.6 everywhere I see.

Just download from the download page http://www.jthink.com/jaikoz/jsp/download/start.jsp

Sorry to pirate this topic, but the problem keeps appearing with a fresh install of 457 as well. I’m using openjdk 7 on archlinux with the latest updates. Every release before 457 worked out of the box with openjdk, but this one keeps giving errors before I can even use it.

27/06/2012 22.49.59:com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db:printSQLException:SEVERE: Err:Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!
[Cause: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.CannotAcquireResourceException: A ResourcePool could not acquire a resource from its primary factory or source.
\tat com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.awaitAvailable(BasicResourcePool.java:1319)
\tat com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.prelimCheckoutResource(BasicResourcePool.java:557)
\tat com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.checkoutResource(BasicResourcePool.java:477)
\tat com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutPooledConnection(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:525)
\tat com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.getConnection(AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.java:128)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.MainWindow.setupFirstTimeOrUpgrade(MainWindow.java:397)
]:ErrCode:0:State:08001
27/06/2012 22.49.59:com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db:printSQLException:SEVERE: Err:Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!
[Cause: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.CannotAcquireResourceException: A ResourcePool could not acquire a resource from its primary factory or source.
]:ErrCode:0:State:08001
27/06/2012 22.49.59:com.jthink.jaikoz.MainWindow:setupWindow:SEVERE: java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!
]
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!
]

this keeps repeating itself.

I wonder if either there is a permissions problem, perhaps you installed the new version as a different user who doesn’t have access to the database previously created, or maybe it is a problem with openjdk Jaikoz is not tested against open jdk.

In the first instance I would just try deleting the jaikozdb folder, following the instructions for Issue 1 at http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/1246.page and see if that resolves it.