SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jailoz 9.41 doesn't match new releases in MusicBrainz

In earlier version of Jaikoz new releases in MB, which were not jet syncronised with the albunack database, could be matched.

I know, there was a part of the program, that a track/release, which was not matched with a track/release in the albunack server, made a lookup in MusicBrainz to find the track/release there.

This is not possible anymore with Jaikoz 9.41. Just tested it with Jailoz 7.1.1.

Hi,

From memory it does do that if use Match to Album:Match Songs to Specified MusicBrainz Album, it doesnt do it as part of the general Autocorrect Metadatra from MusicBrainz

Paul,
I’m sorry to tell you, that you’re wrong.
I just tested it once again with Jaikoz 9.3 and Jaikoz 7.1.1.
In both versions I get a match of a release in MusicBrainz, which is not jet in the albunack-db, with the command Autocorrect Metadatra from MusicBrainz.
[color=blue][size=18]I don’t get a match in Jaikoz 9.4.1[/size][/color]

Of course I get a match with all versions of Jaikoz with the command Match Songs to Specified MusicBrainz Album but then I need the MBID.

Hmm, okay what id the musicbrainz release id, can you send your log files ?

It happens with all new releases I upload to MB. As example this one: MBID: \teb4959e7-0f84-40df-9a42-8a58c2fc079a

The support file has been sent.

Another thing:
it would be nice if you could publish the current sync date of albunack/MB on the page: http://www.albunack.net/index.jsp

I hesitate to say this since you are usually correct but as far as I can see Jaikoz only matches directly to MusicBrainz when using Match to Specified Release.

So the only thing I can see for you to do is reinstall Jaikoz 9.3.0 and retest if that can find a match, and then if it does send me the logs files directly afterwards.

You are correct a sync-date should be added to albunack

I’m making some improvements to matching for next release. As part of this Im going to add direct MB release search as part of Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz. But the search will be less extensive since in most cases if the album could not be found in Albunack it is more likely that it is not in MusicBrainz at all then recently added, so I want to limit the number of additional queries this change would make to one search per song grouping.

Paul, wait.
I will send you in the near future the support file for both Jaikoz 9.3 and 9.41 where the match/non-match is documented.

So we worked out that this feature was not in Jaikoz 9.3.0, there was simply a cached version of the release in cache from when using Jaikoz 7.1.1. But I can confirm I have now added direct MusicBrainz search when Albunack search fails to Jaikoz 10, this should be released this week.

Now added to Jaikoz 10.0 released today.