SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz X - Technical Roadmap Comments

I was reading http://blog.jthink.net/2017/10/jaikoz-x-technical-road-map.html

I like the direction that you’re going here and can hardly wait :slight_smile:

Tabbed Spreadsheet Edit View

Multiple tabs will be a great addition, to help group related fields together. Could I suggest that you be able to lock one or more columns when scrolling horizontally, so that column is always visible.

When you right-click on a column header, you have a menu with /Empty/Paste/Set Value/. How about adding /Hide column/Pack column/ commands to that menu. There’s a button on the top right of the spreadsheet views which lets you pack all columns or toggle checkmarked columns. A command to hide empty columns (columns with no info to display) would be nice there.

Accurate Changes Html Report

A report which details what changes have been made; could this report also be run before pressing the commit/save button so that it shows you what changes will be made?

Create Custom Fields (Pro Only)

I like this idea (does Jaikoz already show you unknown / unsupported tags?) When matching online, will you be able to direct the metadata to different (or multiple) fields? I’m thinking of the different ways Album Artist and Sort Order have been implemented.

Tagger Script (Pro Only)

Will this support if-this-than-that logic? Like if TotalCDs = 1 then CurrentCD= blank?

Thanks

I’m also realy looking forward to Jaikoz X.
I especially hope paul succeeds in implementing beatport (or any other major downloadportal for that matter)

Regarding your comment on reviewing the changes: maybe we could have a tooltip on mouse-over, or a toggle (maybe a hotkey) to display the old/new metadata.

[quote=HaroldEvenson]I was reading http://blog.jthink.net/2017/10/jaikoz-x-technical-road-map.htmlCould I suggest that you be able to lock one or more columns when scrolling horizontally, so that column is always visible.
[/quote]
Thats a good idea, whether techically possible within the Java table API I do not know.

Thanks, good ideas.

Yes, sure.

Jaikoz shows you unknown ID3 tags, but not in the generic view.

[quote=HaroldEvenson]
Tagger Script (Pro Only)
Will this support if-this-than-that logic? Like if TotalCDs = 1 then CurrentCD= blank?
Thanks[/quote]
Yes, thats the idea, thanks for your useful comments.

One of the things I believe will make your products more popular is improving the user interface. Your programs are complex in nature and does so many things very well. The program interface should be more graphic, yet simple to use as much as possible and still perform the wonderful things we all want the program to do.

Dweller, I agree 100% with you !

Hi Paul,

While adding the white list/blacklist for Genre, it would be great if we add the similar functionality for grouping ( discog styles)

Ideal wish list would be have a matrix allowing the specific styles per genre :slight_smile:

[quote=ksantoshh]Hi Paul,

While adding the white list/blacklist for Genre, it would be great if we add the similar functionality for grouping ( discog styles)

Ideal wish list would be have a matrix allowing the specific styles per genre :)[/quote]
It is intended the whitelist will work the same way for both

[quote=paultaylor][quote=ksantoshh]Hi Paul,

Ideal wish list would be have a matrix allowing the specific styles per genre :)[/quote]
It is intended the whitelist will work the same way for both [/quote]

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response. By the whitelist, I am assuming it to be implemented the way its currently deployed in Songkong, but I am looking at one step ahead where in I can exactly dictate the Style I want to pick from discog style for a particular genre.

e.g. If I want my collection to be tagged to only 3 specific genre Rock, Hip Hop & Electronic, then I should be able to provide the whitelist for genre first and then whitelist for the stylea gainst genre. Like shown below

1. Rock : Black Metal, Classic Rock, Garage Rock,
  2. Hip Hop: Electro, Gansta, Pop Rap
  3. Electronic: Bigbeat, Disco, Downtempo

The reason I find this will be useful is that currently I tend to tag songs to 1 genre and 1 style and Jaikoz picks up the first genre and style from discog in case multiple tags are attached. This makes the tags misleading sometimes.

Secondly, I am sure people might have requested separately,but having the ability to set filter in each of the column in spreadsheet like in excel will be a great addition. Looking forward to next Jaikoz edition.

Lastly, thanks again for the great product!!

I do not know if it’s already been asked, but it would be helpful to have a greater level of detail of the tag. For example, in the “engineer” tag are inserted the people who on Musicbrainz are classified as “engineer” but also the “assistants”, “record engineer”, “mastering” …
All this without any distinction.
Is it a possible implementation?