SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

jaikoz writing asian characters, cant figure out why, screenshots attached

I am having trouble with the tags jaikoz is writing. Everything looks great in jaikoz, but when I save the files and open them in another program some are showing up as an asian language.

I have attached a screenshot of windows explorer showing a recently tagged album, as well as a shot of what I believe to be the relevant settings in jaikoz.

Jaikoz did rename the file and folder correctly, as you can see, but the tags are wrong.

I’m sure it must be something I screwed up, but I can’t figure it out for the life of me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- tagging results in windows explorer
- what I suspect to be the relevant jaikoz settings. Is something wrong?

Can you send me one of the problem files and your logs (Advanced/Create Support Files)

I had about the same problem.
Try to use Preference -> Save -> itunes compatability -> disable “Do not unsynchronise ID3 tags”

and Preference -> Save -> ID3TagV2 -> enable “Save Existing Fields using these encoding Preferences”

When the Tags are looking good in Jaikoz and not in the application, it has something to do with UTF - Text encoding the application can’t read

Yes, when you have metadata that contains bytes that might be confused for audio data the ‘correct way’ to write tags is to unsynchronize them. Some applications don’t mind either way, other only decode unsynchronized tags and some only decode non-unsynchronized tags. Notably iTunes didn’t use to understand unsynchronized tags and now it does

Thanks for the help you guys, and sorry I didn’t respond to this thread sooner. I got caught up in the holidays after posting this, and haven’t had a chance to think about my library until today.

I was able to get the problem solved with this information.

By following this advice, I was able to solve the asian characters (which were showing up in windows explorer and floola):

Preference -> Save -> ID3TagV2 -> enable “Save Existing Fields using these encoding Preferences”

My artwork was actually messed up too, but I didn’t even notice it I was so focused on the asian characters. Buy ENABLING “Do not unsynchronise ID3 tags” my artwork returned to normal."

So, for me I had to

1. enable "“Save Existing Fields using these encoding Preferences”
  2. enable " “Do not unsynchronise ID3 tags”
  3. force save

and my artwork and other tags all began to work as they should in every program I have thrown them at so far.

Thanks again!

Hi, I’m having the same problem. I tried the solution posted above, then reopened the album folder to resave, but the resaved mp3s still have asian characters.

Note that I’m running the Mac version, and that I see the asian characters both in ‘quick view’ (hitting the space bar to play the file in the Finder window) and on the mp3 cds I’m playing in my truck. It is only with some albums, not all.

Any further information or solutions would be appreciated! Let me know if I can provide other or more exact information which will assist.

Thanks,
Jeff

The original issue was a deficiency in Windows not Jaikoz, if you are running on OSX the problems are not the same, try disbling " “Do not unsynchronise ID3 tags” on OSX, but its not a Jaikoz issue.