SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz somehow made duplicates

So while going through my list of about 5700 songs, and doing a auto correct I somehow got duplicates (occasionally three or four of the same song) added to my library after it was all corrected. Originally I had about 5700 songs and after the project I now have 5900~

Any way to remedy this issues, I had found the ‘delete duplicates’ to which the program runs through all the songs however no changes are met by the end of it. Most of all the duplicates have a very small difference in their tags (example: X & Y and X&Y and x&y) and I suspect that is why the program does not recognize that it is a duplicate. Any recommendations as to solve this issue?

Thanks

Unless you have used Save and Copy to save files in Jaikoz there is no way it can create directly duplicate files, but if you have it configured to update iTunes and you have iTunes configured to add new media to library then iTunes could be making a copy , could that be the problem ?

Delete Duplicates ignores metadata like X & Y and X&Y and x&y (it is too unreliable) and find duplicates based on duplicate AcoustiDs, Musicbrainz Ids and MusicBrainz Release Ids.

You can change how it identifies duplicates in Preferences:Local Correct:Delete Duplicates more details at http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/help/windows/help.html#DeleteDuplicatesPrefs

However i suspect if the metadata is different then they may not be have matched to MusicBrainz and therefore delete duplicates will not identify them as duplicates UNLESS you change to just match by acoustids. The danger with this is that if you have the same song on different albums they would likely be marked as duplicates which might not be what you want , but you can check the deletions and revert as neccessary before actually saving the changes.