SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

jaikoz.sh

I admit I haven’t searched for this in the forums and you may already know but in Linux (probably all but Ubuntu for sure) the jaikoz.sh file hardcodes the jar file location to lib/jaikoz.jar. This results in jaikoz not launching properly.

You should probably set the install directory in the user’s home directory upon installation and then use that variable in your jaikoz.sh script. Just a suggestion. There are probably many ways to handle this issue.

Also, the menu item isn’t being properly set in Gnome (again Ubuntu). Who knows why? I’ve had to delete the one created by the installer and recreate a new one to fix it.

Still love Jaikoz after all this time. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
-Mark

Hi mark
thanks, yes you need to run jaikoz.sh from the folder it is in, your suggestion is sensible but linux shell scripts are not my forte. If you could provide a concrete solution and/or elaborate on how you fixed the launcher that would be useful for both me and other Jaikoz users.

As I said there are very many ways to fix it. I can’t claim that this is the best way but only an easy way.

sudoedit /opt/jaikoz/jaikoz.sh

#!/bin/sh
# set a variable equal to directory where this script resides
basedir=`dirname $0`
# change directory to base directory of script
cd $basedir
# change /lib/jaikoz.jar to ./lib/jaikoz.jar
java -Xms150m -Xmx800m -XX:MaxPermSize=200m -jar ./lib/jaikoz.jar -l2 -m2 -f

Seems to work for me :slight_smile:

Thanks Mark didnt know the basedir=dirname $0trick