SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz Scoring Weightings

I thought it might be useful to show the weightings used to calculate the score given to any tracks, this is obviously subject to change and Im open for suggestions to improvements.

If you’ve select the option ‘Prefer original release even if better meta Match to later compilation release’

Artist                        :18
Title                         :28 
Release                       :12
Release is Original Album     :13
Track No                      : 7
Track Duration                : 5
TotaltracksOnRelease          : 4 
ReleaseCountry                : 4
Release used by another Song  : 4
ReleaseType                   : 3
Release is an Offical Album   : 2

If you don’t select ‘Prefer original release even if better meta Match to later compilation release’ the figures are

Artist                        :18
Title                         :28 
Release                       :22
Release is Original Album     : 3
Track No                      : 7
Track Duration                : 5
TotaltracksOnRelease          : 4 
ReleaseCountry                : 4
Release used by another Song  : 4
ReleaseType                   : 3
Release is an Offical Album   : 2

Scores are apportioned on how close the match is , so an exact case-insensitive artist match would get 18 points, but a partial match might get 9 points.

Remember the idea behind the scoring is to choose the song that best matches the song in Musicbrainz not the song in Musicbrainz with the best data, so for that reason a Musicbrainz match with artwork would NOT get a better score than one without artwork just on the basis that it had artwork.

In Jaikoz 3.8.0 it happens to me several times that Jaikoz finds a song with AutoCorrect, but it’s the wrong song. Then I check with “View this PUID at MusicBrainz” and it finds dircet the right song.
So the weighting for existing AmpliFIND IDs should be higher.

Example:
Artist: John Denver
Release: The Country Roads Collection (Disc 1)
Track: Molly
TrackNo: 08
PUID: 04b2334e-a596-370f-7e7c-cd0c2f6877b4
That was the song to correct.

After Autocorrect
Release: The Country Roads Collection (Disc 4)
Track: It’s About Time
TrackNo: 09

But the PUID points to:
Release: The Country Roads Collection (disc 1)
Track: Molly
TrackNo: 08

Autocorrect ran with
Prefer do not match to Single Artist compilation not checked

Although Puids are accurate at matching songs, they are not very good at matching all occurrences of that song. For example if a song is on an original album and a compilation, and the puid only matches one of these and it happens to be the wrong one you end up with split up albums. This is what used to happen alot with Jaikoz before 3.8.0

So now we try try to match over the release level more, but I cannot tell if this incorrect match was done at release level or at track level after failing to match all tracks at release level (support files may give clues) . Both tracks are similar length (3:45 versus 3:50) but track no and title are different, and the puid doesnt match both tracks so I dont know why it has done this.